Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2013 Lancer GT 2.0 . My battery had died and I had a dumbass buddy try to jump start it with a 60 volt lawnmower battery without my permission to do so... anyways it obviously over surged the system and I am having a very difficult time locating the problem. I'm by no means a skilled mechanic but I feel I'm mechanically inclined and have somewhat of a sense of what's going on under the hood.

When he hit the battery with the 60volt battery, it sparked but didn't have any immediate smell of anything burning that I was looking/smelling for. I went thru every fuse and relay under the hood and under the dash. My key fob would normally allow me to turn over and on the car but no longer worked. So, I began trying to start it with the physical key. When I did so, it would not turn over. When turned to auxiliary key turn, my cluster has zero lights, the stereo is ON. The dome light is ON. The headlights do NOT work. And again it will NOT even engage the starter.

So my question not knowing too much but able to YouTube and fix most issues,...
Where should I start????

My first thoughts were 1.) fusible link on positive battery cable 2.) ECU 3.) Starter 4.) Ignition switch

When I did use a OB2 scanner is threw codes for surge on 3 or 4 different systems

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Otherwise this vehicle has been very solid for me with zero mechanical issues till this point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The codes are P1590
TC-SST-ECU to ECM
Communication Error in Torque
Reduction Request (MITSUBISHI)
U1180
information.
try.identifix.com
OPEN