Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with what I suspect is a silly query. I've just bought a Colt 1.3 (05 plate) and when I get in and turn the ignition there is a beeping noise for a few seconds (sounds like it's coming from the dashboard somewhere) then stops.

I don't think it does it everytime I start the car (but I'm not sure), and was wondering if anyone knew where the beep might be from. I wondered if it was something to do with the immobiliser or maybe went off if the door was open etc. but I'm a bit worried in case it's something important.

Thanks for advice in advance, to what I hope is a silly question!

Great forum BTW. :)

Gus

·
Registered
499 Posts
is your door open or seat belt undone when you start.I believe they do chime but only aas in coutesy indication of something amiss such as what I have mentioned.try and pinpoint a bit more when it actually does it and monitor the dash warning lights as it is happening

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I think I worked it out though.... I think it's the seat belt warning signal, as it doesn't beep if I put the seatbelt on before I turn on the ignition. Pretty simple really, I'm so embarrassed! :blush-anim-cl:

I think what confused me is that in my Golf the seatbelt warning only comes on if you start moving above a certain speed and stays on until you put the seatbelt on. In the Colt it beeps half a dozen times then goes off, seemingly even if you are not moving.

On a separate note, does anyone know if the Colt usually comes with a spare key - I only got one from the garage when I bought the car 2nd hand and don't know whether I should be requesting the missing one or trying to get a replacement (i feel kind of vulnerable without a spare!).

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Its delivered with 2 key which one has the remote thing. At least let the garage delete the missing key out of the ecu so that the missing one can no longer be used to start the car.

ALExander

·
Registered
499 Posts
i personally would pressure thegarage for a second key.to replace a transmitter key is not cheap and they need to be programmed into the system.good news is that once you get your current and a new key programmed(they have to be done together),any other existing keys for that car will no longer start it.having only one key is a big gamble to have.even if they will not get you a second key I would do it anyway.your local dealer can order it via your chassis number as well as retrieve the code in order to program them in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
the beeping seat belt reminder, never stops and works on both front seats. My wife had a problem when she drove our colt the alarm always beeped the entire journey, then she found out her hand bag (and it's not that heavy!) which she kept on the passenger seat was the cause.
Every time she came home and complained I would get in the car to find the fault for it to never happen for me, she would accuse me of lying and I would say she was hearing things.sometimes its the most simple and obvious!

and i would recommend to getting a spare key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts