Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a 03 oz rally edition lancer, taking the original stereo out and was wondering if anyone has put a new deck in a 03 and what works/fits most easily. any help would be great, o ya i also want to have front aux input and i need to hook up a 1000w amp and 15' sub to it also ..any help would be great-thanks

G

·
ok i don't have a lancer, but i have read that you do not need a dash kit for them.i read that the original stereo is the same size as a after market one. getting a pioneer premier any style is the best deck you can buy, because the internal equalizer brings the sound out of your stock speakers better than any other deck i have ever heard. take it from me i have been doing stereo's for almost 11 years now, and i won't put anything else in my cars. pioneer also has the premier deck with the AUX in on the front of the deck and any after market stereo you get should have at least RCA's in the back so you can put in a amp. even if it doesn't have a remote/antenna wire you can hook one up to your ignition from the back of your fuse box. that way it only runs when your key is on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i put a kenwood head unit and speakers into my 03 es and it looks amazing. it's got an aux and a usb input for an ipod or such. i find that the kenwood audio is the best. all my friends with kenwood stuff have not had a problem, and neither have i. ordering two 12" kenwood subs tom. as well.

G

·
usb is more or less for a computer i guess using the USB for your ipod recharges your ipod when your not using it, but your stereo has to be on aux for the power to charge your ipod, or at least as far as i know i'm not sure about all the brands, but with most thats how it is. using the aux in on the front with a double male connector works just as good as the USB connection.

·
Registered
72 Posts
umm ive got a pritty guud set up it is.... a bluetooth pioneer head unit has aux and ipod cord from the back....also can conect phone to it and have phone calls goin through all speakers wirelessly....i thought it was pritty amazing :banana: .....

also have a 800W mono block amp and two 2400w pioneer 12" subs.. in an embroided pioneer sub box..

haha i have to run the bass levels at -2 so i dont rattle my car to death.... still a lot of bass ..

they used SONY 4 gage power wireing...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts