Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have recently purchased an 04 ralliart and am looking for a good short shifter for it. Please post why you like or dis-like your version. Looked at a lot of different versions but don't know which one has the best feel to shortness ratio. If this has already come up just point me in the right direction.

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ultrarev.com or lancershop.com has good stuff, I bought one off ebay that is suppose to fit 00-05 eclipses and up to 05 evos, I'll be **** if it doesnt fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello All,

I put the short shifter kit in and could not be happier!!!
The shift length is reduced quite a bit. I ordered a new weighted shift knob with it and the height is ajustable which is a nice feature. Though I have to admit it is as low as it will go with the TMW logo facing front. It came with 4 bushing that help smooth out the shifts a bunch. No more notchy shifts into 2nd gear. Its like a knife through warm butter. You will have to do some metal grinding if you want to get the plastic retaining piece of the old shift knob. Which is the longest part of the install for me. All in all a great product.

I would like to get a set of under hood bushings for it also, so if anybody knows a good/cheap place to order them let me know.

Just ordered a RRM SRI for the car and will review that is soon as I get it installed and put a few miles on her.

:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts