Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I saw how expensive bigger brakes are. I managed to get a set of brand-new GS-T calipers and they fit perfectly. The stopping power is great, and they look good, too. I used my extended warranty, went aftermarket with the calipers, and got a set for $220, where Mitsubishi wanted $350 for ONE. I will post pics soon, I promise.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Thanks, Mike, I guess here goes my explanation:

The Lancer replaced the Mirage. The 4G94 is a derivitive of the 4G92, and the suspension and some of the drivetrain have to be similar, so I searched the net, and found ( 2016 link closed ) On there, they detailed a Big Brake upgrade by using GSX calipers. I figured, "Ok, if our car came from a Mirage, then why shouldn't our hubs be similar?" The place I ordered the calipers from didn't have the GSX ones, and I needed calipers today, so I went for GS-T calipers that are still 25% bigger.

The only difference between the two calipers are where the Banjo fittings go. I had to move the brake line to one side for clearance issues, but they fit perfectly. The pads are larger, the piston is larger, and the car stops even quicker.

I am going to take pics tomorrow and post them on here. This is a cheap upgrade for bigger brakes AND...you can find pads that fit the calipers (Axxis among others) and drilled/slotted rotors.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright...I HAD GS-T brakes, but Mitsubishi shipped out my GSX calipers and pads, so our parts manager told me they were already paid for and to go ahead and put them on.

Here is a pic of the new dual-piston GSX caliper on my wheel with stock (although machined) rotors and GSX pads. I will post a pic later with drilled/slotted rotors when they arrive from Stillen:

Notice this is with 16" wheels. 15" wheels will NOT clear the caliper. This means you drivers with OZ Rally cars, LS, and ES will need at least 16" wheels. Ralliart art guys should be ok, but I never did research on a Ralliart, so don't quote me on this.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The GS-T larger single-pistions will work on 15" wheels...hmm...I have a set of calipers and pads now that are only a week old...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts