Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have an Outlander and up till now my Nokia mobile phone worked perfectly with the bluetooth function on the Multi Comms System so I could talk hands free and empty - eared whilst driving. The Comms sytem would detect the Nokias bluetooth was on when I got in the car and connect the two beautifully. My company has now issued me with a Blackberry Smartphone 8310. I've paired it with the Comms sytem and set it to trusted and discoverable plus disabled the encrypted function.
Getting these two to talk to each other is a 'mare and all the more frustrating because very occasionally it works if I turn the key in the ignition to a certain point at a certain speed that coincides with me pressing the connect function for the hands free device; but mostly the message I get is "connection failed". I've sent an email to Mitsubishi UK and had no response. My phone dealer says its likely to be a compatability issue with the car and the cooms system may need a software update...any ideas on this one at all

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did have a problem with connecting two Motorola Razr phones. I had one originally and the connection function worked fine, but when I added the second, I think I didn't set the priority correctly and it didn't work right. I ended up deleting both phones and reinstalling them with proper priority and now it works perfectly, defaulting to my wife's phone, or then to mine if hers isn't in the car. So far, I'm very pleased with the system, though I haven't completely sorted out the voice dialing yet. I think it requires a longer name to recognize it properly. I had used short names and it gets confused easily. I will reenter the names one of these days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for your reply - I think I may have got to near the bottom of the problem ..................connection between the blackberry and the bluetooth on the Comms system seems to be far more successful if I turn the key to the Accessories position only ........................then fully on to fire up the engine after connection is established. Is this the answer ? !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts