Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have 2007 Outlander LS.
I have purchased this car with 18K miles on it from a non-Mitsubishi dealer.
I am trying to start the blue-tooth feature on it. I read thru the manual more than 3 times, I cannot figure out which is the first step.
I do understand the car has to be in Parking gear (with parking brakes applied) to set-up the Bluetooth(pairing).

Though while driving, I can imagine even if I hit speech/talk /end buttons, it should at least do something, I have not heard any beep or anything from it yet. Nor it has displayed any message on center red color screen(I do not have Navigation)

1) Does any one know a quick test for knowing if blue tooth is installed on this car(All 07 Outlanders have Bleutooth feature-that was my understanding)
2) When I hit Speech button it should display on small red center screen(where radio and audio things are displayed)Is that true?
3) I will have to otherwise take it t dealer, since it is still in warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
"When I hit Speech button it should display on small red center screen(where radio and audio things are displayed)Is that true?"

I have never heard of this... but...

You can only store 3 pairings with the system, so what you probably need to do is erase the bluetooth pairing memory and retry it.

1. Switch the ignition to "Accessories"
2. Push and hold the call and hang up buttons together (red and green phone buttons on the dash) until the system says "Erasing Memory", then let go of the buttons.
3. Begin pairing again by Leaving ignition set to "Accessories"
4. Use your mobile to search for the bluetooth.
5. When found.. select that device (Parrot VM2.30 or similar)
6. Enter code: 1234 and then connect

See how that goes

·
Registered
11 Posts
In 2007 only the XLS models had the Bluetooth standard. It may have been included in some option package. To initiate the setup mode, the car should be stopped, with power on, then press the call button, on mine it is the uppermost button. Then say "setup" and it takes you to setup mode where you can pair phones, etc. It will list the available setup options.

I have found that for the voice activated address book, it seems to require longer names, like more than one or two words to avoid confusion. I have to redo my book with longer names to get it to work properly. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
just because you have the buttons does NOT mean you have bluetooth installed. they do NOT all have it. read your moroney label to check.
if you get no response from the buttons, you probably dont have it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by manybrews@May 31 2008, 03:29 PM
just because you have the buttons does NOT mean you have bluetooth installed. they do NOT all have it.  read your moroney label to check.
if you get no response from the buttons, you probably dont have it.
[snapback]169510[/snapback]​

x2 they are pre-wired but you may need to get the module installed in order to use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts