Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been trying to find an evo 8 body kit for my 04 lancer, ive found some sites but im still looking, anyone have any suggestions on where i could find a kit, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

PS: I found this site and it looks pretty good, let me know what you think.

http://www.body-kit.com/lan04evo8.html

·
Registered
19 Posts
That is a very nice kit! And from what I've heard Accolade does some high-end stuff, so I'd trust them farther than other kit sellers.

One thing's for sure... I wouldn't buy from KustomKrazyKits.... I bought a slick styled front bumper from them and the part was waaaaaay off from aligning with my car. The edges rested 2" outside of my fenders and had to be bowed to fit.... so... that was a no-go. Plus they wouldn't take it back.

Make sure there is a warranty for fitament and you should be ok. Fiberglass kits are a tough decision as everybody seems to be copying a mould off of another copy, so there will be shrunken parts and/or expanded parts if you buy a copy. So try to stick with a manufacturer with an original mould.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering, my town gets a lot of snow, and i was planning on driving my car all year round, if i got the body kit, what kind of risks would i be taking?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Originally posted by throttle04@Feb 29 2008, 08:01 PM
I was wondering, my town gets a lot of snow, and i was planning on driving my car all year round, if i got the body kit, what kind of risks would i be taking?
[snapback]146076[/snapback]​
It costs a lot of money to have a body kit painted and installed properly, to drive it in winter is just foolish.
If you do it anyways, make sure the kit you choose is urethane. Any time you hit a chunk of something in the road the kit will crack, and probably break.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i figured that was gonna be my answer, i already knew if i did get the kit i was gonna have to get a winter beater, but i think i might just hold off on getting the kit, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts