Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has been covered, I did a search and found nothing. I have an 04 AWD Endeavor that has recently started making a weird noise during braking. It's a bizarre high pitched noise that I can only describe as a "woop" and it only happens at low speeds, especially when backing up or coming to a stop. If I had to guess, I'd say it had something to do with the ABS. It's not a grinding or a rubbing; it's almost like a hydraulic noise. Really odd. It's doing it more often lately and I'm trying to figure out if it's serious or just an annoyance. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are having the same problem with our 04 endeavor. At first we had our abs light come on then we heard the noise. The dealership said that our abs sensor had gone out. They replaced it and thelight didn't go off. Then they said that it was the abs computer and they replaced it. The light went off, but we still have the loud noise. The dealership said that the noise is typical of brakes on vehicles in high humidity climates. I'm not sure if that is true or not but I've never had another vehicle that made these noises. Sorry I can't be more help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts