Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Endeavor

Break Warning Light just came on. I use the Emergency Break alot whenever I park in drive on a hill. The light would always go off after I took the break off, now it wants to stay on.

Any Ideas what would cause this.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Originally posted by guck11@Oct 12 2006, 06:24 PM
2004 Endeavor

Break Warning Light just came on.  I use the Emergency Break alot whenever I park in drive on a hill.  The light would always go off after I took the break off, now it wants to stay on.

Any Ideas what would cause this.
[snapback]71128[/snapback]​
It's possible you need a parking brake readjustment.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
check the brake fluid level of your master cylinder reservoir. either the fluid is low (probably due to worn pads), or the boot has "popped", requiring it to be pushed back in.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by thatotherdude@Oct 21 2006, 08:12 PM
This is happening to me too.  First the check engine light, now this.  I'm really starting to regret buying the Mitsu.
[snapback]72759[/snapback]​
goodness.. you had a check engine light? AND the brake light comes on?

your right, it must be total junk. Im sure no other car on the planet has ever suffered from a check engine light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We're talking about the Mitsu here, not other cars, but in case you wanna know my previous car, a Nissan, never, ever, gave me a warning light, not even once in more than 12 years, go figure. Keep your sarcasm to yourself.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by thatotherdude@Oct 25 2006, 10:25 PM
We're talking about the Mitsu here, not other cars, but in case you wanna know my previous car, a Nissan, never, ever, gave me a warning light, not even once in more than 12 years, go figure.  Keep your sarcasm to yourself.
[snapback]73540[/snapback]​
had you read the owners manual, the reason for the brake light would have been known to you. Incidently, ALL manufacturers have fluid level sensors that will trip the brake light when the fluid gets low, and the fluid will get low on all makes of cars as the pads wear in the calipers.

and there are nearly 200 things that will trigger a "check engine" light on a mitsu, or ANY car built and sold in america as they all need to pass the same emission laws. The "check engine" light illuminates anytime anything causes the emission levels to rise.
Without a doubt, there has been a nissan that has had a "check engine" light on in its lifetime.
one problem does not make a car a poor investment. If you truely think it does, you're going to have a difficult time finding a car on the market to satisfy you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
One problem? Check engine was just one, dealer replaced a sensor, one week after that light back again and intermittenly on, and seems to be a pretty darn common problem it seems.

Did read the manual, brake fluid is ok, light is on/off for no apparent reason.

Endeavor's engine has shutdown while climbing a not so steep hill three times and the car started to slip back. Thankfully there were no cars close behind me.

Interiors are horribly cheap, cheaper than a Sentra.

I know all cars have problems, but considering I have had so many problems with this car from the start, I feel I have all the reason to be frustrated.

I'll give you it's a smooth ride MOST of the time.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by thatotherdude@Oct 26 2006, 08:58 PM
One problem? Check engine was just one, dealer replaced a sensor, one week after that light back again and intermittenly on, and seems to be a pretty darn common problem it seems.
nearly all endeavor check engine lights are caused by software.. there are several software updates for the 04s that take care of issues like light pinging under cruise, delay in to reverse, and false misfire codes.
If you bought your used, you may or may not have had the software updated.
its probably the boot inside the reservoir... it "pops" out of the cap, pressing down the sensor. it just needs to be tucked back into the cap.
there was also a recall on the 04s for a loose parking brake nut.
Endeavor's engine has shutdown while climbing a not so steep hill three times and the car started to slip back.  Thankfully there were no cars close behind me.
sounds odd... how steep are we talking, and how much gas was in the tank? Endeavors have almost 0 instances of running problems such as that.
I disagree... although the look may not be what you like, the quality of the materials is quite good.
I know all cars have problems, but considering I have had so many problems with this car from the start, I feel I have all the reason to be frustrated.

perhaps you just got one that was built on monday morning (as the old joke goes).
I havent met anyone yet that doesnt like their endeavor, and have already seen an 04 with 187000 miles on it with NO maintence but for oil changes! (that is not recommended by me, by the way).

·
Registered
4 Posts
1) Brand new / Tell me more about this software update (Recalls???) Mine is the 2004.5 model
2) Will check / Brake nut was serviced when the recall
3) 35 degrees approx, with more than half a tank (this was the first thing I checked the 3 times)
4) Mine is the LS, so no leather upholstery, cloth seats are ok, but the plastic door panels scratch ohhh so easily, and they discolor too, ughhh
5) Perhaps

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by thatotherdude@Oct 27 2006, 07:37 PM
1) Brand new / Tell me more about this software update (Recalls???)  Mine is the 2004.5 model
not a recall.. but since their release as an 04 model, there have been 3 software updates for the PCM. The first was to take care of an occasional delay into reverse after a hot restart. the second took care of of that, plus light pinging under load, some potential misfire situations, AND gave an extra 10 HP (not too many know that).
the third software revision is new (within the last 2 months).. it includes all the above, and also stops some potential incorrect parameters that may cause the check engine light to illuminate despite there not being any actual failure ( they have to do with the drive-by-wire system and the transmission).
none of these situations are very common; most will never be affected or notice anything wrong with anything, as the drivability isnt really altered. But some people notice more than others, and some may get a check engine light.
2) Will check / Brake nut was serviced when the recall
betcha its the boot

3) 35 degrees approx, with more than half a tank (this was the first thing I checked the 3 times)
may be fuel starvation... but not with the tank half full.
4)  Mine is the LS, so no leather upholstery, cloth seats are ok, but the plastic door panels scratch ohhh so easily, and they discolor too, ughhh
havent dealt with too much of that. most interior parts seem quite well manufactured. Everyones got different stories, though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine is a 05... Not sure if this applies to the 04 but there was a recall done on mine to replace/inspect the brake master cylinder because it was leaking through.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by thatotherdude@Oct 26 2006, 08:58 PM

Endeavor's engine has shutdown while climbing a not so steep hill three times and the car started to slip back.  Thankfully there were no cars close behind me.

[snapback]73720[/snapback]​
hm, if this happens to you all the time 'cause your dealer misidentified proble it doesn't mean it's a 'common' problem.

if you have searched the inet you would know of the recalls and that most of those are minor and fixed with ECU upgrade

the interior is great IMO, looks good and washes easily, know nothing about those scratches that you easily get.

the only complaint I have is poor material of bolts and exhaust system that rust very quickly. The cooling/protection screen pieces around the exhast pipe already rusted through on my car :((

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem with the emergency break light staying on. However, Sometimes it will go off. I had it checked out and they could not find out why it was doing that.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by meat7334@Dec 20 2006, 02:00 PM
I have the same problem with the emergency break light staying on. However, Sometimes it will go off.  I had it checked out and they could not find out why it was doing that.
[snapback]79818[/snapback]​
did you read the posts here? it was explained.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts