Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have an 06 lancer ES 2.0 liter and I drive a lot of miles on this car. I've been putting 1k per week and use mobile 1 10w-30 full synthetic oil on it since I got it 2 years ago. It burns about 1 qt of oil every 4k miles/about every month and I do monthly oil changes on it. Sometimes I do the oil changes every 5k but I make sure I add some oil to it when I do. I feel that burning 1qt is normal since I do heavy driving but just wanted to get your thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
How many miles has the engine done?
Over in Australia there's an oil brand called Penrite, which is high quality and low consumption with grades galore.
If you were here I'd say change to it.But over there find an oil with similar properties.I won't start a which oil is best debate, but you should be able to reduce consumption using another oil type.(Without going 'cheap' oil.)
The oil grade I use in a similar motor with 300,000 kms is a grade called HPR 15, (it uses diddly between sporadic services look it up and try and match it with a local quality brand, similar grade
I would not use the oil you are with the problem you have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts