Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive an 04 Endeavor. The all except the on/off, eject, and up seek buttons have ceased to function... no presets... no nothing. Even though the up seek still works I can only lightly tap it to change the station... if I hit it too hard it won't stop scanning through stations. Any ideas... any at all? I'm horrified to think what the dealership will charge to fix this or replace the radio! Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
i think you can get the controls unit separately for the cd player (i am not too sure). if replacing that does not work, then get a used head unit off of ebay. do you hit the cd player buttons too hard?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, you're right I popped off the trim and the radio face plate is seperate from the radio. The face plate is $350 to replace or the dealership said they could send it out to be looked at for $150. I think i'll just take it off and mess around with it a bit. I'll try to find a face plate on ebay if that doesn't work. I don't think it is from hitting the buttons too hard since I didn't even use some of them, like scan or the dial to change stations, hardly at all. Go figure...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got an extra faceplate (and radio, if you need it)... send me an email and we can work something out.

dmb_everyday (at) hotmail (dot) com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts