Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new to the forum and looking to buy an Endeavor 2004 to 2006. Any items I should look out for? Recalls, issues? Engine/transmission/reliability and noise levels improved in the later years?

Also I noticed the models (XLS and LTD I believe) have a cool LCD color trip computer with all sorts of neat functions, in particular what interests me is the average fuel consumption readout. The LS (I believe) has just a small black/white LCD. Does this "cheaper" screen have fuel economy consumption or just clock and radio station information?

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can't answer your question, but offer this advice: Avoid the 2004's, period. If you read through this forum you will see that they were plagued by multiple problems, especially in the initial production run. The '05's and up are much better.

I have a loaded '05 limited, and at 23,000 miles, it runs great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That could explain why the '04s are much cheaper. You potentially saved me lots of headaches. I will definitely look at the '05s and up.

Appreciate the response. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its the early 2004s that had less HP

the 2004.5 is the same as 2005, just browsed consumerreports used car and showed no major issues what issues are you mentioning?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts