Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Got an aftermarket stereo head with Key 1 and Key 2 (but no ground) wires and cannot figure out where to hook these guys up. I've been searching and best I can find is that they're Steering Wheel Controls, which is great since it's the last thing I need to have this all working correctly. The problem is... I have yet to find anywhere telling me where the SWC wires are in this spaghetti bowl of wires. Hoping someone can direct me! Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
452 Posts
The Steering wheel controls operate by changing the resistance of the circuit. You may need an adapter for your stereo to accept these controls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Steering wheel controls operate by changing the resistance of the circuit. You may need an adapter for your stereo to accept these controls.
It may be... but I'd like to start by simply finding the controls wires behind the dash. I have no idea which they are.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
452 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
452 Posts
There are 2 x 20 pin connectors on the back of the radio. The connector you need is C152 and pins 22 Blue wire and 32 red wire are the ones you need. These go to the steering wheel controls. The wires are 2nd in from one end, one on top row, and one on the bottom row. To test if these are correct, disconnect the plug from the radio, and use an multimeter to check resistance between the blue and red wires. As you press the radio control buttons you will get different readings.

DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO PUT ANY CURRENT DOWN THESE WIRES. YOU COULD BURN OUT THE CLOCK SPRING BEHIND THE STEERING WHEEL AND CAUSE SRS FAILURE OR DETONATION.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts