Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an automatic 2006 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan, and had quite a bit of work done on it but still have not found a solution to its problem. I took my car to a mechanic who I thought was good, but only ended up having to spend $2k on repairs for nothing. Out of nowhere, my car started having quite the delay in acceleration after coming to a stop at stop lights and stop signs. This is the case even if I try to floor the gas pedal. The car appears to struggle even more with this issue if the AC is on, yet no indicator lights pop up, so I can't run diagnostic tests on the car either, which is obviously not making my life easier. The car has had the catalytic converter changed, serpentine and timing belt replaced, and I believe an O2 sensor may have been worked on, but it's been quite a while since the repair so I could be wrong about the sensor. And...an air intake filter was cleaned (I think) but literally nothing has helped. I'm lost and highly disappointed, because this car has been sitting in my driveway as I have given up on it, and it just hit 100,000 miles. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? I've been scouring the internet for ages to no avail. HELP ME PLEASE :(

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Not all faults make MIL light up - so there might be OBD II codes - try that first.

I would have fuel pressure checked - filter too.
Ignition should be checked - wires, spark plugs, etc.
TPS should be checked - also it can´t hurt to clean the MAF.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not all faults make MIL light up - so there might be OBD II codes - try that first.

That reminds me, the car did have spark plug work done, and some of the wires were replaced as well. Thank you so much for your ideas though! I had a bit of a suspicion regarding the MAF as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

That reminds me, the car did have spark plug work done, and some of the wires were replaced as well. Thank you so much for your ideas though! I had a bit of a suspicion regarding the MAF as well.
By the way, would a regular diagnostic test at a place such as autozone bring up the OBD II codes, or would I have to go to a Mitsubishi dealer? Sorry, as my username implies, I am clueless with cars hahah

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I do not know for sure - but I think they read out your codes for free -
code means somethings wrong - we can help you - business ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts