Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 lancer es and I think its time to upgrade the exhaust to a cat back. I’m looking to spend no more then $600 for the full system and I am going to do the install myself. I really want to have something that sounds deep and pops I kind of like the sound of it this is going to be my first up grade on my car performance wise so it’s going to be go big or go home kind of deal. I’m also redoing the body kit to make it completely evo 8 so I can put the charge speed front end I have on it. Also it is all white with a soon to have black hood and trunk so if you have any ideas if I should get a color metal exhaust to match that be bad ****.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Magnaflow Exhaust sytem is what I would go with. Looks like that have both a single and a dual system for sale both under $600. I've heard Magnaflow is nice and deep and with a dual exhaust that would be sweet.

I've also had a good experience with a Pilot muffler that was given to me by a friend. I put it on my 06 Civic and it sounded perfect. Just enough deep throaty sound but with a little mix of high pitch tuner. Literally it was the perfect balance. Can't attest to their full exhaust systems though as I've never used or heard them (to my knowledge).

As for the colored tip; you could probably find a simple colored exhaust tip and resell the one with the system (if it doesn't come with a colored one already). I agree though the colored tips are bada$$.

Hope that helps; I'm in the same situation at the moment with my 03 Lancer OZ rally.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man thanx for the tip. how does the oz feel and handle? i dont know if it would be any better or worse then the es i got. man i think i could do dual tips that would be realy original and i dont think they would have that anywhere else. im gonna look at both as well as Pilot muffler to see if i like the style.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was thinking of dual exhaust too, that would be sick. though you might have to have a body shop cut out the other side of your rear bumper... either that or have them make you a new bumper.

the OZ feels and handles great, i love the seats they put in it stock. they support my back nicely and they're comfy and all that. the car itself handles really well despite the fact that i need to get my tie rods replaced.
there's one really hard jug handle off rt 17 to 287 that has the recommended speed at 25mph... needless to say i downshift into 4th gear and push 50mph passing everyone else and then on to 287 lol.

anyway let me know how your dual exhaust works out for ya if you go that route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts