Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have an 02 lancer oz, there was two error codes when i had it checked out. one was for cat converter and the other one was for the knock sensor. after the knock sensor was replaced i noticed an improvement in performance. it used to have lack of power but not anymore. i decided just to drive my car while waiting for the cat converter to come to the shop and then i noticed there's a little bit of ticking sound when i accelerated. what could be the problem to this? could it be the cat converter or something else?
also what could be the culprit to the cat converter failing? could it be the knock sensor?

thanks.

G

·
your clicking is either your trans axles, your fuel injectors, or a plastic flap is hitting something when you accelerate. your fuel injectors will always click, a plastic shroud thats dangling just cut it off, if its the trans axles, then i suggest you have someone drive it while you have your head partially out the window to listen to see if its the trans axles. then get back to me once you have found the whats making the ticking sound.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts