Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy just gave me OEM 6 disc cd changer out of his 06 BMW for free is there a way i can hook it up to my stock es stereo or do i need to get a diff. cd changer or a diff. stereo

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you are talking a factory OEM BMW stereo:
You might be able to wire it in, but only if you know which BMW deck you have and/or what company BMW used to make the stereo. So you can know what types of harness to adapt to in the back. I know in the past they used a company called Blaupunkt, but they also use Boston Acoustic, and Bose stuff. It will be a rough game to try that install.

If you are talking about just the changer, then I have no freaking idea what type of plug or adapting that is going to be. And frankly I don't think that would work.

My only ideas for you are to check withScosche 's website and see what type of converting or adapting you can do. and know that the harness you need for your current plug is:This one

But honestly Wolfen6137, you would save yourself a world of painful installing and adapting, to just buy something that you know works. If I was you I would only install a name brand deck, if this is BMW OEM business. Not worth the time. But good luck whatever you decide.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK in doing some more looking.
It looks like it's an Alpine deck. And looks to be one of these three part numbers:
- 82 11 1 469 404
- 82 11 0 026 418
- 82 11 0 028 760
You might be able to do this, but even though it's an Alpine deck, it uses a proprietary BMW plug on back that you will need to adapt to. Where you might find said adapters I know not.

Here is a site where a guy installed his own gear using what I think is the same deck as you.

Good luck :57:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanx for all the help yeah it a alpine series. the 6 disc changer wont hook up to the stereo i got. its that new alpine ipod one the x001 style. i went to best buy and they guy said it be easier to just get a alpine aftermarket one so thats what im gonna do. thank god for ebay lmao. well thanx u saved me from a long and painful failer with that one ill just c if i can find one to match the alpine r stuff i put in it or just get one a and paint it to match the rest thanx alot bro laters peace out :liebe011: :57:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts