Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2004 XLS Endeavor just recently I have experienced this Error 3 code with my CD player. It won't eject my CD's. Does anybody know how to fix this problem? Please help. Thank you

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
usually means an alignment issues... and you will need a new CD player.
depending on milage, it may well be warrantable.

·
Registered
499 Posts
firstly I would try pressing the manual reset button on the unit.it is usually a small black button and requires something small and pointed such as a pen to press it(for about 2seconds)sometimes the cd will go out of alignment while trying to eject.you may be able to help "aim" it out with a very smell screw driver to lift/lower the cd to align with the eject slot

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have the same problem with the CD Player, Error 3 Code. I have taken the car everywhere and since the unit that holds the changer houses the AC, the radio, heated seats, etc., I have been told by everyone that the only option is to replace the entire unit. That is really a shame since the part is way over $1000!!! It is absolutely ridiculous that there are absolutely no repairs for it. If anyone knows of a repair, I certainly would love to know. I love this car, but I will never buy another car with this "all-in-one" arrangement. My CD Player went out at 38,000 miles. I have been looking for a solution ever since. I travel all the time with my job and now have 75,000 miles on the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by debrasmartin@Oct 23 2006, 06:10 PM
I also have the same problem with the CD Player, Error 3 Code. I have taken the car everywhere and since the unit that holds the changer houses the AC, the radio, heated seats, etc., I have been told by everyone that the only option is to replace the entire unit. That is really a shame since the part is way over $1000!!! It is absolutely ridiculous that there are absolutely no repairs for it.
not sure who told you that, but mitsu sends all the units out for repair. they never replace the unit with a new one.
they can do the same for you.

If anyone knows of a repair, I certainly would love to know. I love this car, but I will never buy another car with this "all-in-one" arrangement.
Im afraid you wont be buying too many other cars, as that pretty much is how 90 percent of the world does it these days.
My CD Player went out at 38,000 miles. I have been looking for a solution ever since. I travel all the time with my job and now have 75,000 miles on the vehicle.
[snapback]73020[/snapback]​
you've waited 40000 miles to have it repaired?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Who told me? Try 3 dealerships. I even went to several specialty car stereo places and there are no custom kits to replace any of it. Why did I wait 40,000 miles to repair it? The part is over $1000.00 and the quote just to look at it was over $200.00. I'm not sure who told you that they send all of them out for repair. I'm sure that you are right about their making all cars these days with the same type all-in-one unit. Seems like a great source of after market revenue, doesn't it? Actually, I was hoping that someone on here had one successfully repaired. I have found plenty of stories of people with this same problem, but not one successful repair yet.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by debrasmartin@Oct 24 2006, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure who told you that they send all of them out for repair.

the fact that Ive worked for Mitsu for 15 years, and thats the ONLY way its ever been done.
mitsu has never ever replaced a failing radio/audio unit/amplifier with a brand new unit... they install repaired/rebuilt/refurbished units.
the same company that does that can repair yours. It may not be dirt cheap, but will certainly be less than 1000 bucks.

also.... if you dont like that, try ebay.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Originally posted by manybrews@Oct 24 2006, 09:37 PM
the fact that Ive worked for Mitsu for 15 years, and thats the ONLY way its ever been done.
mitsu has never ever replaced a failing radio/audio unit/amplifier with a brand new unit... they install repaired/rebuilt/refurbished units.
the same company that does that can repair yours.  It may not be dirt cheap, but will certainly be less than 1000 bucks.
also.... if you dont like that, try ebay.
[snapback]73226[/snapback]​
In agreement I work for a GM store and we don't replace with new units either it will be replaced with an exchange unit or will be sent away for repair!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't know if it will work with your model yr endeavor, but I have a 6 cd changer from my 2005 XLS endeavor that I removed from my vehicle when I had a touch screen put in. It has the infinity prem connection also. I can part with it for way less than $1000. PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's a trick that has worked on other CD players in the past. Slip a comb into the CD slot, turn slightly and gently pull the CD out.

Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts