Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am new here, but not to cars. I was changing the front disc brake pads on my wifes 06' Lancer ES today, everything went great, bled them then got back in the car to test em. They work fine, they stop only thing though is that the brake light stays on. Is there a switch or something I need to reset when I do the brakes? Like I said, everything works great, no sqweaks or any noises, just the brake light stays on. Any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
try disconnecting the negative terminal for roughly 5-15 minutes, see if that clears up anything (any codes) :) Just watch out if you have a stick because after you re-connect the battery, the car will have to "re-learn" the engine idol... just a warning (i had a close [long story] call when changing an O2 sensor lol).

:00000732: oh, and- welcome

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by mfalik+Jan 18 2008, 09:35 AM-->
How did you retract the piston on the caliper? 

If you have ABS brakes, you could have damaged the ABS sensor.
[snapback]135400[/snapback]​
[/b]
I opened the bleeder valve, then pushed back on the piston until it had enough clearance.

<!--QuoteBegin-SteelEvo
@Jan 18 2008, 01:51 AM
try disconnecting the negative terminal for roughly 5-15 minutes, see if that clears up anything (any codes) :) Just watch out if you have a stick because after you re-connect the battery, the car will have to "re-learn" the engine idol... just a warning (i had a close [long story] call when changing an O2 sensor lol).

:00000732: oh, and- welcome
[snapback]135363[/snapback]​

I did disconnect the negative cable from battery, plus I rechecked the level of the brake fluid, it was low so I filled it up some more. I could have swore I filled it tho' after I did the brakes. Anyways, the brake light is no longer on, all is good.
Thank you for your help guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts