Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Eclipse GT V6. I just cleared 1000 miles and want to change the oil. I have the filter and drain plug seal and some Castrol oil.

Any have any tips or suggestions before the pull the plug? Also, anyone know have many quarts I'll need for the refill? No info in the owners manual. The dealership told me about 4.5 quarts.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
its just over 4.5 quarts. something like 4.57 quarts or something like that. i dont know why its not in your owners manual, its in mine for my 06. and 1000 miles seems awfully early. my owners manual says 3750 miles between oil changes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks wanerwats. Why at 1000 miles? It's a new engine and there's always small metal shavings and junk that's in there due to all the components breaking in.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
the best thing to do is change it as soon as buying the car it could have shavings from the production line.i always do whenever i have bought a new car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's done and wow was that easy, they sure made the filter and drain plug easy to get to. Didn't even need to jack up the car.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
congrats man glad you got it done feels good right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Feels good. I haven't changed the oil in a car for close to 15 years, mainly due to the fact that for most of those years I had a company truck so there was no need. Now that I have my own car again I can start getting back into it.

Just check and no leaks and the oil level is perfect. Dropped in about 4.4 quarts of oil.

·
Registered
30 Posts
it's about 3.5 bottles, however many quarts that is. I changed mine at 1K as well, it keeps the metal shavings out of the engine and everything

1 - 9 of 9 Posts