Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new to this site,

i just picked up a new colt cz1 and was woundering how to fit a diffrent head unit with the display button for the m.p.g. on the stock head unit and how to get around this. i would also like to know if the display on the dashboard will be effected at all?

any help will be good :liebe011:

[attachmentid=4077]

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello there

When I got my Colt CZ3 it came without an MP3 head unit ... and I was considering buying an aftermarket replacement head unit until Mitsubishi offered to swap it for an MP3 capable head unit instead; such as that found on the CZC. Turns out the brochure said the CZ3 should have an MP3 player so they felt obliged to honour that ... but I didn't think they would.

Anyway ... during my period of thinking of getting a JVC or something, I read in the manual of the Colt that if you fit a non-Genuine Mitsubishi Audio head unit, you will lose the functionality of the bottom row of the display (ie volume level, station name, etc) but the drive computer functionality will remain (ie mpg, speed, time, temperature) and this can be affected and controlled by the buttons directly around the screen (the ones that have H and M on one side, and SET and somethign else on the other).

SO to answer your question:

If you like I wanted MP3 capability but were stuck with a CD player, I'd see how much MMC will charge for the same unit you have now but with MP3 ... you can do that at your local dealer. Its quite nice to have your MP3 titles appear on the dashboard!

If you want fancy third party stereo, I would approach (if you're in the UK) someone like Halfords to order the relevant connectors and cables and a replacement facia to make the hole for the stereo fit. You'll just lose the line of text at bottom of screen but none of the drive computer.

Hope that helps!

Rich

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by tony.h.cbh@May 31 2007, 03:25 PM
I found a very good installation guide for a new head unit for the CZ3Â* here:
http://www.demonserver.com/colt.php

it is authored by Peter Elliott

halfords have the iso adapterÂ* part number PC2-46-4
Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* and the facia adapter part number FP-28-00
tony h
[snapback]99085[/snapback]​
Hi Tony,
Glad you found the site - I wrote it because I couldn't find anything useful out there myself, and I'm quite surprised it's been so popular! The only people I've seen driving them have been much 'older'...

To answer the earlier questions, you only lose the bottom half of the dash display (cd info) - and if you switch the top half to something useful before hooking up the new head unit (I set mine to miles till I needed to fill up) it remembers it, just you can't change it.

I've just ordered a mid-range sub and an amp, so I'll be adding a tut for those when I get them :)

If you've got any questions please get in touch - colt [at] demonserver [dot] com

Pete E

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by pilchard@May 25 2007, 11:42 PM
Anyway ... during my period of thinking of getting a JVC or something, I read in the manual of the Colt that if you fit a non-Genuine Mitsubishi Audio head unit, you will lose the functionality of the bottom row of the display (ie volume level, station name, etc) but the drive computer functionality will remain (ie mpg, speed, time, temperature) and this can be affected and controlled by the buttons directly around the screen (the ones that have H and M on one side, and SET and somethign else on the other).
Pilchard could you please describe how the manual describes this procedure?
Unfortunately my Colt CZT manual does not describe anything similar. So we are stuck in Greece that we will not be able to change through the various indications of the trip computer (average consumption - lt/100km, instant consumption, average speed, remaining km, etc.) in the case that we install an aftermarket cd/mp3 player.
Please communicate this procedure without using the trip computer button.
Thanks !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Chris,
I've just joined this forum and saw your post.
I don't know if you have done a head uinit swap yet or not, but just to let you know, when you put in an arftermarket head the display will only show the time and remaining fuel. Or at least that is all I get!!!

Hope this helps you, or anyone else thinking of doing the swap.

As a little side mention the speakers in my D-iD are 15w and sound ok.
I am currently trying to find out what mmc are doing as an upgrade, according to my dealer they are Alpine £250 front £200 rear. But won't/ can't give me anymore info.

If there is anyone out there that has had the upgrade done could they let me know what mmc have fitted please.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts