Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!
I am having some problems with my Mitsubishi ASX. I am having Check engine oil warning. I have changed oil and filter and is at a good level, I get no error codes when scanning and I have tried reset service. Nothing works, does anyone knows what it can be?

And what is this sensor/switch for, located in the front on lower part of the engine.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
451 Posts
when the light came on did you check the level then?
or did you just drain it and refill then check the level?

if the engine was overfull before and the warning message was" check engine oil"
then just draining will not send the message away. You need to reset the oil level counter using a scantool

I can see from your picture it is a diesel. do you have a split in the big air pipe going into the throttle body? The big thick black one to the right of your photo?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when the light came on did you check the level then?
or did you just drain it and refill then check the level?

if the engine was overfull before and the warning message was" check engine oil"
then just draining will not send the message away. You need to reset the oil level counter using a scantool

I can see from your picture it is a diesel. do you have a split in the big air pipe going into the throttle body? The big thick black one to the right of your photo?
The oil was a bit overfilled and dirty so I changed oil and filter and it’s at a good level now, the light was on before the oil change too and I’ve scanned for error codes with an ELM327 and there ain’t no codes and tried to delete anyways and nothing happens.

I’ll check the pipes for leakage tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
451 Posts
oil pressure sensor

·
Registered
2012 Asx black edition 1.8 DI-D
3 Posts
Hi ive had this problem for the past month now seeming to effect fuel economy as well now have you managed to correct it?

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
451 Posts
What are your symptoms?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check engine oil level light on dash, no other warnings oil level high, however was filled to correct level at last service, wanting to clear warning at same time when change oil.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
451 Posts
It sounds like your DPF is not regenerating. Do you do lots of short trips?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have done recently over the past year with the UK lockdowns prior to that was doing reasonable length commutes daily. Surprised not to have DPF warning as well though that I would have suspected to have seen.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
451 Posts
Short journeys is a killer for DPF systems. When the Rengeneration fails the extra fuel washes past the piston rings into the crankcase thinning out the oil.

So yes you will need to change the oil, but to turn the warning off you will need a scantool that can perform special functions, and not just code erase and read.

Dealers obviously have this, and independents will have a generic scan tool that can do this, but in my experience they do not know how to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys!
I am having some problems with my Mitsubishi ASX. I am having Check engine oil warning. I have changed oil and filter and is at a good level, I get no error codes when scanning and I have tried reset service. Nothing works, does anyone knows what it can be?

And what is this sensor/switch for, located in the front on lower part of the engine. View attachment 17960
Hello guys!

And what is this sensor/switch for, located in the front on lower part of the engine. View attachment 17960
ckeck this out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts