Mitsubishi Forums banner

Check Light On

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  asarun 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm driving a Grandis 2.4 GDi year 2002. It's imported used from Japan and has 55000 KM on it.

The problem I'm having right now is that the engine check light came out recently. I managed to read the Diagnostic Trouble Code and it says P1012 which translate to : V.V.T Cam.

The light came out when initially when I drove quite fast exceeding 140km/h, but recently, even driving slow causes the light to came.

First of all, just to confirm that the VVT Cam sensors are located on the right hand side of the engine block (me facing the car) and near the top valve cover area (align to where the cam are) and there are two of them.

Assuming that is correct, I've tried to change the sensors with another one but still causing the same error. Eventually I found out that the sensors that I've acquired was not for GDI engine but rather from another Mitsubishi engine.

Can anyone help me in troubleshooting the problem as I suspected it might not really mean there's a problem with my cam (hopefully not) but rather it just a sensor problem.

What could be the cause that makes the trouble code to come out?

Regards.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.