Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Lancer. My problem started the last time I had my oil changed. When I brake there is a clicking sound that sounds like it's coming from the right rear, but it doesn't do it every time I brake. I might go days without hearing it and then it might last for days. Sometimes it's quiet and only a few clicks, sometimes it's loud and clicks a lot. I'm almost positive that if I take it to the mechanic it won't click for him and he'll think I'm crazy. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
You night want to check the torque on your lug nuts. Do you have steel or alloy wheels? i would look at these first before digging into the brake drum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just read your post about the clicking brakes. I have an 06 lancer es that does the same exact thing. Have you had any luck tracking down this problem. I have had it checked out several times and cant' seem to find the problem. It is so annoying. I'm also getting a light vibe at the top of the pedal when I'm first braking. I've cleaned and adjusted the rear brakes a couple of times myself and the noise and vibe would stop, but only for a couple of days then It would start over again. I've taken it to a shop other than dealer (who I'm totaly fed up with) and they could not fix it either.

I've had this car for less than two years and they have had to pull the trani out twice. (all under warranty) but it still shifts notchy when cold, especially from first into second. Hate this car and I can't wait to get rid of it.

Thanx,
patricius.

·
Registered
168 Posts
wow dude that blows. where the hell did you purchace your car... mustve come from a shotty/faulty factory. sry to hear you feel this way bout yur lancer :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts