Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

my girlfriends 92 mirage had a leaking heater and weve since blocked it off, trouble is she didnt notice it was leaking at at one point it got pretty hot, not wayyyy excessive but enough to be noticeable....

its been about a week since we blocked the core and all of a sudden the auto trans has gone into failsafe mode and wont shift up or down from 2nd gear.

so do you have the codes so i can trip the codes and see what the fault is and if possible reset the ecu to see if it comes back?

also if you have the plug/pin diagram and where i should look under the dash for it, that would be great :)

thanks heaps, all advice appreciated.
-isaac-

·
Registered
2 Posts
To reset the transmission thing, Limp mode. Just unplug the battery and let it sit. Back when I was on the BMW scene, they had the same problem but it would sit in 4th.

·
Registered
4 Posts
for read the code on this car, look under the fuse panel undo the driver side. at the right of the fuse panel, you have a theminal black with 12 pines. if you not have a obd use a single tester. plug ground to first pine and positive to 12 pines. adjuste tester for continuted courant. turn your key on but do not start your engine. and look for the code on the tester.

P.S. soory for my english.

Pour lire les codes sur ce moteur, regarde le panneau de fusible qui se trouve cote conducteur. a ta droite tu y trouvera un terminal de couleur noir. ci tu n a pas de obd, utilise un multimetre , tu relie le negatif avec la pine 1 et le positif avec la pine 12. ajuste le multimetre pour le courant continue. tourne la cle a on sans faire demarer la voiture. tu n a qu a lire les codes que le multimetre te donnera.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts