Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pics that they can upload? I need to see how their cold air intake is installed (second pipe....the longer pipe) I am trying to see where the air filter ends up. Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got it installed and will try to get some pics up in case anyone else needs to know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey bro what kind of lancer you got? ES auto, manual, Ralli///Art auto manual? have you been to Roadracemotorsports.com? or SCLC.net?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by 05mitzlancer@May 30 2007, 10:14 AM
I got it installed and will try to get some pics up in case anyone else needs to know.
[snapback]98928[/snapback]​
Post the pictures if you could please.

·
Registered
71 Posts
here ya go. this is for the manual version. if you have an automatic then you wont have room to put the pipe going down because of your transaxle fluid tank. the filter is going to end up being right behind your driver side fog light or more to the middle.
GL ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I decided a K&N air filter will do the trick. Since all I read about the cold air intake makes a significant to no difference at all. I think K&N will do fine, I don't have to replace it ever again plus it says the car breathes better that way.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by 03LancerES@Jun 29 2007, 09:32 PM
I decided a K&N air filter will do the trick. Since all I read about the cold air intake makes a significant to no difference at all. I think K&N will do fine, I don't have to replace it ever again plus it says the car breathes better that way.
[snapback]102741[/snapback]​
ya a cold air does lil difference then a short ram so the short is just a better idea K&N is always a good way to go. but as for the filter you do have to replace every so often(not so sure how often). but instead of replacing the filter all the time, you can just clean it with a K&N recharge kit, then you have to replace it the next time.
and whats this your talking about "never having to replace it again?"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey when you instaled that i notice you didnt take it straight to the engin, is that what your supose to do and leave the box that that wire was connected to.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by mylez787@Jul 2 2007, 10:10 PM
Hey when you instaled that i notice you didnt take it straight to the engin, is that what your supose to do and leave the box that that wire was connected to.
[snapback]103101[/snapback]​

ya you can get another pipe to put there for better airflow but it won make much difference. so on this pic this person just used the stock rubber tubing. and that wire ur talking about goes to the maf sensor and you have to take it out of the airbox and put it to the pipe like its shown in the pic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok Airflow 101:

1)Air dosnt like bends and turns! I know it looks fancy to have 3 or 4 bends going down to the bottom of your car,but its a waste. Try to find a intake pipe with a straight design as possible,and if it has bends,make sure they arnt extreme 90 degree ones!

2)Aftermarket intake vs. OEM intake
KILLER DIFFERENCE! Not only more ponies(usually 8+) but you get a cool sucking sound when you rev up!

3)Short ram vs. Cold Air
Ok,this question is annoying sometimes. The difference is in the name.Short ram RAMS the air into a short pipe into the throttle body, while Cold Air is a long piping into a colder area of the engine bay(usually fender area). Short ram is usually a better intake for low end power and take offs,while Cold Air is mid to top end power.

That should hopefully help alot of people out there!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedyOZ@Oct 11 2007, 11:36 PM
Ok Airflow 101:

1)Air dosnt like bends and turns! I know it looks fancy to have 3 or 4 bends going down to the bottom of your car,but its a waste. Try to find a intake pipe with a straight design as possible,and if it has bends,make sure they arnt extreme 90 degree ones!
2)Aftermarket intake vs. OEM intake
KILLER DIFFERENCE! Not only more ponies(usually 8+) but you get a cool sucking sound when you rev up!
3)Short ram vs. Cold Air
Ok,this question is annoying sometimes. The difference is in the name.Short ram RAMS the air into a short pipe into the throttle body, while Cold Air is a long piping into a colder area of the engine bay(usually fender area). Short ram is usually a better intake for low end power and take offs,while Cold Air is mid to top end power.

That should hopefully help alot of people out there!
[snapback]115819[/snapback]​
8+ HP? where did u get your intake?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts