Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear it exists.... I just don't know where to find it!
Where could I possibly get a Cold Air Intake system for a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES, Automatic transmission?

Is there anything different about the system that is meant for automatics than for manual trannies? Perhaps engine placement?

Any insight is much appreciated!

·
Registered
72 Posts
from wat i understand u can do it i have a auto... but wat im gunna do is put it in the airbox...so yeah... but another way to do it is take the air box out and wip it on the MAF sensor and run some sort of tube up to the pod and down to a opening in the bumper...

try it ive seen it done many times...

its probably wat im gunna do aswell...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I guess the way to go would be to get some sort of universal kit.

Know of any good brands with awesome performance?

·
Registered
72 Posts
yeah pretty much ur for usa but DR/FT are a guud brand.... just go into a performance place and tell them wat ur looking for and they will suggest a few brands for ya...

peace..

·
Registered
30 Posts
or another possibility, which might be cheaper, is to get a short ram air intake which basically does the same thing as the cold air...performace wise, the power gain wont be any different.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Yes, the SRI is cheaper and easier to install than the CAI. The performance gain of the CAI is 1-2 hp (at best) more than the SRI.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All you guys are awesome!
I'll definately be looking into a Short Ram intake
Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have the K&N FIPK. Have had no problems with it and you can get it in several colors. Very good quality. I just cleaned the air filter last night (75,000 miles later).

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey ive got a injen short ram intake for sale...i have had it for about less then a year and its in nice shape i will get rid of it for 75bucks...paid 210 for it new....let me know..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts