Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Symptoms;

When starting from cold, it starts 1st time & idles at around 1100rpm. After approx 2-3 minutes running, engine speed rises to around 4000rpm & will not come down...

I have no alternative but to shut down the engine at this point - after a few minutes & a restart, it will idle at around 800/900rpm & shake the fillings from my teeth - Any ideas guys ??? :( :unsure: :wacko:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is your check engine light on and if so have you checked for any codes? How many miles on your vehicle? It may be the idle air control motor which is mounted to the bottom of the throttle body. You can remove and clean it yourself. It has two water lines going to it and an electrical plug. Be careful not to damage the gaskets so you can reuse them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply jetubet.

Nope, no lights anywhere, not sure about mileage either as it's in kms but it's also had a recon engine in 2003 but no details about mileage when fitted etc :unsure:

Not sure about the water lines, I have a vast array of vacuum hoses going into a diaphram at the back of the throttle body & some sort of electrical componants bolted to the bulkhead on the right hand side ???

Sorry I can't be more specific, but this is the 1st diesel I've ever owened & not sure what or where anything is :blush:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I see you are a Unipart driver, if you ever visit a Mit. dealership you could ask the Service Manager, perhaps as you are "in the Trade" you might get a bit of free advice rather than "bring it in & we will have a look".
Your engine was used in many models, perhaps if you looked on other Forums (Galant?). If you want to borrow the CD ROM "Mitchells guide" of the engine PM me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mitsi dealers are very few & far between, but will search out my local & give it a whirl.

I bought a workshop cd off ebay, to be honest was a bit to technical as it didn't give problems & answers - just tech spec :blink:

Will keep trying & will post any positive results.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts