Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I just bought a mits colt 1.1 (06 reg) after months of problems with my other car, I wanted something reliable and problem free. I bought it from Mits dealers. when i test drove it i noticed a rattle in rear (high up). i mentioned this to dealer and he promised to get it sorted. when i picked it up a few days later it appeared ok and ipaid. He told me he didnt know what the problem had been and that the service bloke was on his break which made me uneasy. A few days later the problem returned. I took it back and the mechanic told me he had thought it was the rear seats. On inspection he said it was to do with the tailgate (loose clips maybe?) and that he had done something but if that didnt fix it he would have to replace the panel? Anyway it didnt sort it and its worse than ever and driving me crazy. I now feel sick when iget in the car because its stress i didnt need. they have ordered a part to sort it but i dont think i can drive it anymore and may drop it off tomorrow and ask for a courtesy car

Aside from this its difficult to get into 1st gear and often crunches in reverse ( ive read on the site about this) which i didnt notice when i bought it

And to top it off although they promise they have serviced it and has FSH etc the service book didnt come withit. The salesmanassured me its because it didnt come with it and they have ordered a duplicate from Mitsbuishi or something but its been five days and still no sign

im very stressed and thoroughly p'd off, i will never buy a car alone again.

Anyone had similar issues re rattle and service book or am i just a total dork

please be gentle with comments iveposted on sites before and been faced with unneccessary abuse

Miss S

·
Registered
8 Posts
hello Miss S,
Don't fear! The colt is a great little car but it does occasionally have rattles. Mine had rattles in the rear but was all fixed by mitsubishi. (not sure what they did though). I have heard of one chap whose high level break light broke as well and this caused the rattle. Stick with it, it will get fixed...

The gearbox is a bit clonky, mine has smoothed out a lot now and hasn't crunched going into reverse for a while. I don't think its anything to worry about though. I've heard of people being advised to put the car in first before putting it in reverse and make sure you are completely stopped.

Can't help with the service manual though. it should only have one service stamp anyway if its only a year old.

Not sure if I'll get told off or not but register over at www.coltclub.eu
Its purely a colt site and a bit busier than the colt section on here. you won't get any abuse on there either!! very friendly bunch :clap:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. i got my courtesy car today an they are fixing the rattle (I hope!).

I must say my courtesy car which is a chevrolet kalos (something like that) drives much better the gear box is so smooth! I also have probs getting te Mitsubishi into 1st but i think thats because im used to putting t into first before i am at a standstill so if i learn to stop that it should help!

Re the service book, well ive discovered the reason they didnt give it to me is because it hadnt been serviced before! They serviced it last week which will be the first time since it was registered in March 06 ie almost two years ago. Im not happy because they told me it had FSH ( I know I should have asked for proof). Does this effect the manufactors warranty? if so then i am returning the car as they sold it to me under full pretences. When I bought it last week they said they would service it so i wouldnt have to go back again for a while- now they are saying it will need its next service in March 08 (ie two years afer registered)...any advice?

thanks very much

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Originally posted by sarahtom@Dec 14 2007, 08:01 PM
Re the service book, well ive discovered the reason they didnt give it to me is because it hadnt been serviced before! They serviced it last week which will be the first time since it was registered in March 06 ie almost two years ago. Im not happy because they told me it had FSH ( I know I should have asked for proof). Does this effect the manufactors warranty? if so then i am returning the car as they sold it to me under full pretences. When I bought it last week they said they would service it so  i wouldnt have to go back again for a while- now they are saying it will need its next service in March 08 (ie two years afer registered)...any advice?
Have this dealership had the car since new?Its a complete joke that it hasnt been serviced since march 06. You are fully within your rights to just drop the car back and ask for your money back, The sales mans words are the reason you bought the car and he lied,simple as that. The colt is a nice car and with all cars their are little problems, but if you plan to keep your colt i would suggest you talk to the dealership about the price you paid, you bought a car with full service history,this is desirable and means you paid a little extra in the price for this....but you didnt get this...meaning you paid for something you didnt get.How many miles are on the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No the dealers bought the car from another company (think it was a company car- previous ownerwas Renault business finnce!)- I dont know how long the Mits dealers have had it though

Its done 16000 miles...Yes i am strongly thinking about rejecting the car on monday

1 - 5 of 5 Posts