Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to get everyones opinion on the new Colt Convertible that is currently on the market at £10000 in the U.k?

As i have only seen pictures, what does everyone think about it? Would you call it a guy or girls car or both?

Cheers
Bigbro79

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Convetible=girls car. It less girly than say the opel or peugoet convertibles. 1.5turbo isnt girly though. Few about in Ireland,probably quite rare on the whole so you might find people wont know what it is. Go to a showroom and have a look around one, at the end of the day its your opinion that should matter most

·
Registered
5 Posts
I brought mine new in Dec 07 but the roof keeps leaking. Going in to be repaired again for the 3rd time. Apart from this i love it but the trouble Ive encountered with it i would not recomment to my worst enemy!!!

Sorry

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Originally posted by 1970badgirl@Apr 6 2008, 12:21 PM
I brought mine new in Dec 07 but the roof keeps leaking.  Going in to be repaired again for the 3rd time.  Apart from this i love it but the trouble Ive encountered with it i would not recomment to my worst enemy!!!

Sorry
[snapback]154567[/snapback]​
What exactly is casuing the leak?Is it the same problem that they keep fixing or is it leaking in different places?How old is your model?has it leaked since new?Id be interested if anyone else knows if their are any probelms with leaks on the hardtops.

·
Registered
59 Posts
basically you have a choice of three.

czc1 doesnt have alloy wheel and front fog lamps, czc2 has the full bag, czc 3 is the turbo you will however find that the czc3 is double insurance.

generally they ar a good little car economical however there isnt much room in the rear seats except for kids
amn the accessories are very expensive and they dont come with alarms which means that you will have to close the roof.

i have had quite a few problems with all three of mine and have had to had the roof rubber seals replace four times as they do leak and its worse at speed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Brought mine new in Dec 07 (57 plATE) and each time it leaks on the same side - they tell me it is fixed but as soon as it rains (or I wash it) the water comes through in exactly the same spot. To be honest I dont think they have a clue how to fix it - one for my solicitor I think!

A fab site is www.HonestJohn.co.uk and go to the "backroom" - do a search for Mitsubishi - you will see me on there!! - it will put you off buying one Im sure !! If only I could turn the clock back !

·
Registered
16 Posts
i got my blue czc2 brand new in april 08 and it doesn't leak

lots of body shake with roof down

clever window arrangement - two buttons for four windows (back two go down after front two have gone down)

light grey seats are really nice in the sunshine

boot is wide and deep but not very tall when roof is down ( < 30cm )

build quality seems better than most italian cars but i have not owned it long enough to tell for sure!
:grin:

everyone says its a very "g4y" car but then i am so its ok! lol :laughing:

·
Registered
59 Posts
hope you enjoy your czc ts certainly the right weather for it ive had mne snce september last year but i opted for orange not the rght color if you dont want to be noticed!!! i agree they can look g4y but hey thats why i bought one!!!! :banana: :banana:
the body shake is terrble wth the roof down i fnd that f you have the widows up then ts a bt better.

·
Registered
59 Posts
nowt wrong with ginger :blush-anim-cl: whichever colour you buy its still a great bit of topless fun!!! :auto:

jst remember the suncream :57:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've a CZC1 (the cheapest) and I'm a man. It is definitely a girls car and i feel a bit of a plum driving it with the roof down. But I love the car. It shakes quite a lot with the roof down. I've never driven another cabriolet so don't know how normal that is. Its pretty bumpy even with the roof up to be honest. It feels like a proper car insde though. It's a 2008 and has never given me any trouble. It is fairly easy on petrol too (compared to my old car). My only real critisism is the massive blindspots caused by the front pilars. Its easy to miss a pedestrian stepping out and you sometimes have to lean forward over the massive dashboard to see your way around right hand corners.

In the instruction manual it said that some of them get a cool box by the glove compartment. Did anyone get this? I would have liked one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Before I made the decision on the Colt CZC, I researched and test drive or checked out all the small hard-top convertibles on the market. Without exception all the others had a roof that was too low (roof in the eye line, or head touching the roof, even with the seat on the lowest setting), or had restricted access if the roof was up (especially if you were in a car park with narrow bays). The Colt was the only one that allowed easy entry and exit even with the doors only partially open, and it has a decent roof height. The fact that it is also small and light makes it ideal for towing behind my RV. If men don't buy it because they think it's a girly car, then they are missing out on a great little motor (although I would draw the line at the orange colour!!). Having owned 2 other convertibles, they all suffer a certain degree of scuttle shake, but the Colt is no worse than many others. I had planned on getting a turbo model, but new ones are virtually unobtainable in the UK, with no new orders being accepted because of the huge backlog of orders for CZC1s and CZC2s. Having said that, the non-turbo version I test drove was perfectly adequate for my planned use, and even if I decide later that I want a turbo version after all, at least I will have a CZC2 to drive around in while I wait for possibly up to 12 months for delivery of a new one, or wait for a low mileage s/h one to become available.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hey stop being an orange basher :grouphug: your right thought they are a good little motor, but i would think twice about buying a turbo for one reason INSURANCE as they are double the insurance group and is it really worth it? the non turbo is still cracking fun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by czc@Jun 22 2008, 09:56 PM
hey stop being an orange basher :grouphug:  your right thought they are a good little motor, but i would think twice about buying a turbo for one reason INSURANCE as they are double the insurance group and is it really worth it? the non turbo is still cracking fun.
[snapback]175519[/snapback]​
Nothing personal against orange cars - I just wouldn't be seen in one!! :grin: Having test driven the non-turbo over a relatively short period it was indeed a fun drive, but often you can't really decide about a choice like that until you've driven one for a while. I hope I'll be more than happy with the CZC2, as not only is the Turbo's insurance group pretty high, but the price differential to buy the Turbo is pretty hefty too. Having found (I hope) a really good bargain in virtually a new CZC2 I certainly don't intend to let it get away if it's a good'un. Roll on Wednesday...!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
soon be wednesday lets hope it wont be too long before you can get the roof down and enjoy :auto: open top trouble free motoring ive driven both czc and turbo and yes the turbos much quicker but around town a turbos no good it uses more fuel pound for pound the none turbos great compromise, i have found that with the roof down you really need the windows up as getting speed up can be a bit frustrating but once you get there its ok i still prefer it to any othe c+c much classier than the 206 and micras :excl:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by czc@Jun 24 2008, 10:21 PM
soon be wednesday lets hope it wont be too long before you can get the roof down and enjoy :auto: ......
......I still prefer it to any othe c+c much classier than the 206 and micras :excl:
[snapback]176086[/snapback]​
Well, it's Wednesday and I am now the proud owner of a Race Blue Colt CZC2, with 1800 miles on the clock, that I can only describe as immaculate. It could literally have just come out of the factory. Came complete with balance of 2 1/2 years warranty & breakdown cover, and three years servicing plus pearlescent paint, floor mats and wind deflector, all for less than the price of a CZC1. Getting a couple of DFOs fitted, incl 6-CD changer (can't have a drop-top without music!!) and so will be collecting it next week. Way to go.........!! Definitely :auto:

As for your comments re 206/207 and Micra, absolutely agree. CZC leaves them standing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts