Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So had my convertible colt since Oct 2019 and not had any issues until today when I put my roof down, the rear windows would not close so it means I can’t get my roof back up. It clicks and I can hear a whirring when pressing either the window open switch and the roof up switch. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how much a mechanic charged them to sort it out? This is my first car and I am in love with her so any help at all would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So had my convertible colt since Oct 2019 and not had any issues until today when I put my roof down, the rear windows would not close so it means I can’t get my roof back up. It clicks and I can hear a whirring when pressing either the window open switch and the roof up switch. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how much a mechanic charged them to sort it out? This is my first car and I am in love with her so any help at all would be appreciated, thanks!
Hi sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I would say that it is probably a very major problem - common to many Colt CZCs including my daughter's!

The most obvious problem is likely to be that the wire rope is mangled inside the motor, probably caused by the plastic housing that retains the rope nipple on the glass carrier has broken. I can tell you exactly how to get the window regulator out and then you can try to repair the cables - can be bought online if so badly mangled.

However there is also the possibility that there is a logic (CANBUS) problem - the motor did not recognise the end stop and carried on winding the motor which is why the housing broke. This happened to me first on my daughter's car last year - I have had all 4 regulators out and repaired them all but still not managed to fix the problem permanently. In fact I just wedged up the rear right window yesterday after the above problem!!

You cant just put the rear window back in the closed position and disconnect the rear motor - if you do the front one wont operate properly.

I have spent the last year trying to find a CZC2 wiring diagram for the windows and roof - no idea why the front motor needs about 6 wire connections. Trying to see if I can remove all the logic and replace everything with manual switches. Might even get the roof down (and back up) again for the first time in a year or so!

Happy to advise more if you need it - even via phone or email if it would help.

Good luck

PS I wrote a full description of doing this on another Colt Forum (possibly coltuk.org) but it seems to have disappeared anyone know if it has moved or closed down. Sadly I didnt keep the text and the pictures

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for the advice. I suspected this might be a common problem even if the the Mitsubishi service support line said they had not heard about it before.

I’d love to give fixing this a go myself but I’ve not got any tools or know anything about electrical wiring so am going to try and get it booked it in at an auto spark tomorrow. I have it covered at the min hoping it does not rain too badly overnight!

I’ll give an update soon and pray that my little colty hopefully can get fixed!

·
Registered
5 Posts
If your mechanic has access to a wiring diagram for the windows and roof for the CZC i'd love to see those pages. However in the first instance its a mechanical problem with the regulator not an electrical fault.

If the problem is the same as mine the small rear window wont go up as the plastic housing retainer for the wire rope nipple is broken. I moved the window carrier so that I could retain the nipple on the retainer used by the "down" wire rope. This means the down wire rope is not connected. This doesnt matter as you only want the window to go up until it stops then the front window will go up. You just need to make sure the door window doesnt go down all the way in case it tries to lower the rear one. My experience is that the rear motor must be connected otherwise the front window wont operate correctly. Hope that was clear - it's a bit complicated to explain succinctly!
Best of luck

PS If you get it sorted I would really like to know exactly what was done!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for explaining further, it’s very much appreciated! I’ll see what I can do on the pic front and resolution front, might be a while. I’m based in Northern Ireland, and all the places I tried Friday were saying there’re booked up for at least two weeks. Some until September!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
So had my convertible colt since Oct 2019 and not had any issues until today when I put my roof down, the rear windows would not close so it means I can’t get my roof back up. It clicks and I can hear a whirring when pressing either the window open switch and the roof up switch. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how much a mechanic charged them to sort it out? This is my first car and I am in love with her so any help at all would be appreciated, thanks! your roof will lift back up manually the wire has broken i got wire kit off ebay fix it my self and i am not a mecanic

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, weirdly enough the windows went down when I tried this morning so roof is now back up but the front passenger window will only got up in increments so there is defo a short circuit somewhere. The mechanic I took it to earlier referred me to an auto spark and got booked in for tomorrow. I’d love to give a go myself but I can’t risk the roof going down and not being able to bring it up again if I can’t sort the windows as I’ve got nowhere to store it and it’s raining a lot atm where I am. Not sure about the plastic sliders sorry!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts