Mitsubishi Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Assuming I am understanding your problem correctly you might be able to use a bicycle brake adjuster like this. I used one as it allowed me to adjust the tension after replacing the cable. I think I had to slightly enlarge the hole in the metal housing. Should be easy to source from a bike shop or an old bike in the garage perhaps??

View attachment 18517
Just Googled brake adjuster and there appears to be at least 2 sizes that are common - M7 and M10. I would think the M7 (or potentially even an M6 if you can get one) would be the correct size.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Assuming I am understanding your problem correctly you might be able to use a bicycle brake adjuster like this. I used one as it allowed me to adjust the tension after replacing the cable. I think I had to slightly enlarge the hole in the metal housing. Should be easy to source from a bike shop or an old bike in the garage perhaps??

View attachment 18517
Thank you so much! I'm not really sure exactly what I need but today I will go to the mechanic and ask him what is broken/missing. Within the same week, both my rear windows fell down and wouldn't come back up. He took the car apart and wedged them up, and fixed it so that the front windows would go up and down (so I could still use the car) whilst we tried to locate the missing/broken parts. He said it was the piece that holds the window in place but I'm not sure what it looks like. I found some repair kits on ebay but he said they didn't include that part.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you so much! I'm not really sure exactly what I need but today I will go to the mechanic and ask him what is broken/missing. Within the same week, both my rear windows fell down and wouldn't come back up. He took the car apart and wedged them up, and fixed it so that the front windows would go up and down (so I could still use the car) whilst we tried to locate the missing/broken parts. He said it was the piece that holds the window in place but I'm not sure what it looks like. I found some repair kits on ebay but he said they didn't include that part.
From your original description I thought the little red plastic thing marked on the picture below was broken and the part I mentioned before would probably work.
Automotive lighting Line Font Machine Auto part

21 - 24 of 24 Posts