Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everbody,

I have just bought a colt CZT. What kind of engine oil should I use?

They have told me to change the oil every 5.000 km !! (10/40W)

I can't get the point.

Is there anybody to suggest upon that?

:)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If you have the owner's manual it tells you in the maintenance section, what oil to use and when to change it.

The oil you use depends on the climate (outside temperature) that you drive in.

It also will tell you when to change the oil (mileage) depending on how you drive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by Demoniac@Jun 5 2006, 10:31 AM
They have told me to change the oil every 5.000 km !! (10/40W)

who is "they"????

The Revision intervals for the Colt CZT are 20.000km so that the only time you should change the oil.

I will, at 10.000km change it because it's the first time. After that you should only change when schedule. But keep in mind that you should always buy a good oil in order to keep the engine well oiled during the entire 20.000km.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I it first time was always made to 12.000km and hare asi but or less between 10,000 - 12.000km of interval I take the oil that puts to me in the Mitsubishi but if ralliart removes kit from power them dire that says to the suitable oil ralliart to me has aicetes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by Demoniac@Jun 6 2006, 05:26 PM
Thanks for all

But what kind of oil do you use for CZT?
[snapback]55951[/snapback]​
I've never change it... But I'll next month and I'll leave it up to the Official Dealer.
They will put the one that is recommended by Mitsu internacional.

I can ask and then I'll post it here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by alx@Jun 7 2006, 08:02 PM
official oil interval CZT: 10.000km
[snapback]56061[/snapback]​
In Portugal the OFFICIAL Intervals are:

* 20.000km or 1 year

For both the Colt and the CZT (version)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by The-Prophecy@Jun 9 2006, 12:38 PM
In Portugal the OFFICIAL Intervals are:

* 20.000km or 1 year

For both the Colt and the CZT (version)
[snapback]56223[/snapback]​
This is wrong!!!

ALexander

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by alx@Jun 9 2006, 12:11 PM
This is wrong!!!

ALexander
[snapback]56228[/snapback]​
Man, calm down... I'm just saying that in Portugal the revision intervals are 20.000km or 1 year. I don't know if it's right or wrong, but that is what the Mitsu Dealer says.

But if you use a 100% sintetic oil there is no reason for the interval to be 10.000km
You can do much more km with a good oil.

·
Registered
12 Posts
After looking a bit and re-reading the Colt CZT Official Service Book I now have the following update:

The service intervals in the COLT CZT model are 20.000 Km or 1 year!

I'll post later a scan of the service information that comes with the car.

I found this answer from the Mitsu dealer in UK on another forum:

Dear Mr -----

MITSUBISHI COLT CZT

Thank you for your e-mail received on 1st June 2006.

We do not recommend that the oil is changed on your vehicle after 600
miles. The first service will be due at 12,000 miles or 12 months.

I trust this information is of assistance.

Yours sincerely

EMMA BACON
Customer Services Advisor
12.000 miles x 1.6 = 19.200 Km
12 months = 1 year...

Everything should be official now :gunsmilie:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here in the Netherlands also, my main mechanik knows completly everything about the CZT, so why would he be wrong and you right Alexander?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mitsubishi gives a 3 year guarantee to the car, right?

The official Mitsubishi dealer here in Greece gives 4 years additional (thus a guarantee of 7 years total) BUT says that in order for the guarantee to be valid you need to have your oil intervals every 8.000 km or every 6 months (whatever comes first).

How this sounds to you???? :blush-anim-cl:

I ve made 16.000 km by now and have 2 oil intervals so far ... :amen:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by falireas@Aug 18 2006, 07:17 AM
Mitsubishi gives a 3 year guarantee to the car, right?

The official Mitsubishi dealer here in Greece gives 4 years additional (thus a guarantee of 7 years total) BUT says that in order for the guarantee to be valid you need to have your oil intervals every 8.000 km or every 6 months (whatever comes first).

How this sounds to you????  :blush-anim-cl:

I ve made 16.000 km by now and have 2 oil intervals so far ...  :amen:
[snapback]63059[/snapback]​
now in greece it's 10.000 km or every 6 months whatever comes first

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Guys!

I honestly think that the 20000kms is wrong! Especially for a Turbo! Come on.... I really think that the 20000kms that dealers nowdays give as a service interval is outrageous. Do you really think that the oil has changed so much that you can drive 5-10000kms more, without sacrifycing the life of the engine? Why is it that the L200 has a service interval of 7500kms? Because it HAS to be durable and long lasting and it has a turbo engine! Even all this crazy interval I take my car to get the oil changed every 10000kms even though it is a 1,3 l. Oh... and I get 5w50 Mobil 1 Rally formula, which I like the most! That is my 2 cents worth...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Vehicles equipped with turbo must have an oil change more frequently than those without, because turbo is really sensitive to oil quality. Turbo spins very fast! The peak can be at 100.000 rpm (and for some turbos even 200.000 rpm)!

Besides this, after driving with turbo, you should not immediately shut-down the engine, let it run for a minute or two to let the turbo cool down, remember, the oil serves as a coolant for turbo, if you shutdown the engine while turbo is hot, the oil around it will boil and loose its quality, damaging the turbo next time you drive...

Here in Slovakia, oil change is required by manufacturer every 10.000 km (or 7.500 when used in harsh conditions) for Colt CZT.

Hope this helps,
Klement

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here in Denmark the dealer recomends 20.000 km or 1 year. I really can't see why you should not trust the dealer. In many other modern petrolcars the service intervals at greater, such 35.000 km.

The dealer recomends 10w40, which I find a bit to cheap. The high viscosity also has an impact on usage og gas, why I would go for a better quality.

zoom zoom
Jeefa

·
Registered
4 Posts
nobody answered the question except for one or two, it's true, it depends on the country you are due to the climate, nobody sayd wich oil is - 10w40,15w40,what?- and is true you can choose with your dealer the milles it does. there are are oils for 20000km, for 10000km or 5000 km.
I personally go to the mitsu dealer (still on warranty) ask for 20000kms oil and change at 15000km,i don't know wich oil it is but you should find it on the user's manual.
I do change (i don't know the english name) in some cars is a chain in ours is a nylon stripe that connects the crankshaft and the camshaft for the timming of the valves, anyway it's nylon, if it breaks it's a new engine, do you relly on nylon for 100.000 kms? i don't, i swap it every 50.000.

·
Registered
18 Posts
CHANGE THE OIL AT 10,000KM PLEASE.
BY CHANGING THE OIL SOONER YOU PREVENT DAMAGE TO YOUR ENGINE.
Engine oil should be changed before additive depletion and oil contamination can begin to affect engine performance and life.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts