Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am new here but seeking some advice!

My parents have a 2008 Mitsubishi Colt semi-auto. It has recently started to 'judder' when driving. At the moment it's very occasional and not every day. The car starts up fine each day, even in this cold damp weather!

They are getting slightly concerned as the other day it 'juddered' very heavily, they said it felt like someone had hit them from behind and it made their necks jolt!

They have been told that it 'is most likely' a clutch failure and will cost them anything up to £1000. I have read that it COULD be something simpler (and cheaper) such as the spark plugs?

Any advice would be greatly received.

Many thanks,

Kirsty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could be plugs, or potentially spark plug cables. They can arc to the engine under acceleration if they are knackered, but they don’t necessarily have to look perished to loose their insulation properties. It’s happened to me before. I suggest a set of new cables first as its probably the cheapest fix. Other than that, it could be a million things like a fuelling issue causing it to bunny hop, but autos dont have a clutch like a manual car - they have a torque converter which shouldn’t really give that kind of symptom... tbh mate just take it to a well reviewed garage and let them take the stress out of it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts