Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banana: Ok well hello to you all...

I have just bought a brand new Colt and Im looking for some inspiration with the stereo system.

I would like to upgrade the existing system to an MP3 player, either by completly replacing the CD head unit for an MP3 player or by adding an MP3 changer to the existing head unit.

The only problem is that I would still like to be able to use the stereo's steering column controls and the cars centre display console. I know that normally you can buy modulators to enable a person to continue using these functions, however I am having problems finding anything for the Colt.

Can anyone help with a friendly point in the right direction????

thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mitsu does have a mp3-Radio for the new Colt (European Version). It'll be available soon. First to see in the "motion"-edition. It looks like the old one but does play mp3.

Alexander

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by schumi_dk@May 29 2006, 06:38 PM
my new colt cash 2006 got the mp3 player, it look likes the old one
[snapback]55321[/snapback]​
Yeap. I've already gone to Mitsu in order to know if it's possible to exchange. They said it was possible but they weren't yet doing it because the "Emotion" has just now started to being sold in Europe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you change the h/u u will need

1. a h/u
2. a dashboard adapter (£10)
3. a steering collumn adapter (£35)
4. a adapter to change from mitsubishi h/u plug to your h/u plug (£10)

and as for the mpg meter...its compliacted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:) I went to mitsi and they say that an mp3 player may be avalible in feb sometime (why on earth did`nt they put one in, in the 1st palce !)
I can`t see why this is such a big problem the czt already has one so why not the cz1 & cz2 so on. its basicly a vdo system like the rest of the car industry. EDI
(External Display Interface) seems to be a problem!
ether way if I can`t source a new OEM mp3 version then I`ll be looking at Alpine,
with a converter for the display interface & cabling +plus faceplate (if I Can be bothered to find one) I may hard wire it in !

·
Registered
6 Posts
:amen: dude, I`ve just found the part number for the mp3 radio for cz2 radio (me thinks) as follows :-
PZ-2100
MZ313550
or if univalible try the 6 disk cd player (fits in glasses try) the part numbers as follows :-
MZ312968 if u go for this option than, u will also need cables for the conversion
the part no. as follows :-
MZ313141
e-there way the 6 disk unit should work, also if this fails, there should be a aux input on the back of the unit for mp3 player input, (usally a phono connetor).
(how come all russian cars have all features and english cars cope out!)
its taken 4wks 3days 2 answer your qestion

1 - 10 of 10 Posts