Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, can anyone tell me if the compass and clock should light up at night when the cars lights are on, and if so is there a switch that enables this, or which fuse is it on, (mine is a jap import, and so only jap writing on fuse cover) . How do you get into this assembly which is mounted on top and centre of the dash, Thanks in advance Gerry :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes there on all the time on mine and dimm at night when the lights are turned on. dose any one know how to set the compass mine flashes between E-S-W AND W-N-E and if i hold the "S" button I get a arrow that goes left to right and gets quicker thats all help

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, according to my handbook, it says find an empty car park at a supermarket or similar, and press the 'S' switch for 2 seconds ( the direction arrow will flash and move) and then drive your car in a 360' circle to the right. this sets the compass, hope it works, I havn't tried it as yet.Cheers Gerry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gerry
The correct answer to this question:

1. Yes, they should light up all the time.

2. Unclip the small grey trim strip at the bottom front of the module, and reveal the 2 fixing screws.

3. Replace the bulbs with items from maplins, fitted into the original Mitsubishi bulb holders for about 30p (uk) re-use the original green rubber bulb covers if you can.

4. For all except Gerry: Try to stick to the subject of the thread, and not hi-jack it with other questions that are already answered elswhere.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi thanks for that info, got into it, and replaced bulbs and everything works good. They can certainly be hard to find your way into some of these dash areas.
Thanks again Gerry
Ps sorry to have taken so long, but had given up reading that post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I try to open the 2 screws and a few more screws inside the unit but couldnot find the bulb anywhere. All I saw was 2 electronic boards with all the electronic stuffs in there.... Help please... Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi RVR, you are in the right area, the bulbs are quite small, a bit bigger than a matchhead,(mine had green covers.) on the back they are about 10mm dia flat disc which you give a half turn and out they come. Hope this helps you find them.
Cheers Gerry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your help and your quick response Gerry.
I will try again later and will let you know....cheers. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
they are held into the circuit board by 2 plastic holders which must be turned through 90degrees to release them.
the bulbs are held into the holders by the bulb wire tails. Mitsubishi will sell you a bulb and holder only.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, ive managed to blew up both of my bulbs, lol and i was wondering what are the bulbs called from maplin because i dont know where that is a maplin shop but i cant seem to find the bulbs on the website so if anyone can tell me what they are exactly called from that shop it would be fantastic. thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts