Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am a new member in this forum. I own a Proton Perdana V6, a similar model as the Mitsubishi Galant Eterna 1998. The motor is a standard 6A12 DOHC 24V.

The question is:

Can I convert my stock engine and fit it with a twin turbo mechanism.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Naveen

·
Registered
2 Posts
check first if the engine mounts will fit in the new engine, you should also need the ecu from your new engine as the old one will not be good for the new one. if it will be coming from a galant then i dont think you will have any problem.

important is to modify your brakes as you will have more power you need the extra need to stop.

francis

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
It will take a bit of work to get the 6A12 to work that way. Liek dropping the compression is first. An ECU , if its an auto yud need a more capable Tranny for the TQ. Besides this engine is a Great NA tune engine, we Tune these alot in Thailand. Secondlly the frunt impact bar would be an issue if not for a GST or VR4 for the intercooler, the piping is quite tricky for teh twin turbos and ducting back to the air cooler and breather , , turbo manifolds and down pipes , wiring and the list goes on. It would be simpler on a 4cyl. But not the V6

1 - 3 of 3 Posts