Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone new to this forum but had my1995 spacewagon 2.0td 197000miles. had no probs with it only this one recently.shes pushing al her coolant out from the radiator and system to the expansion bottle,over a coulpe of days distance driving. she's not over heating, or smoking and theres no water in the oil or visa versa. any ideas. have tried fushing the system but will have nother go on wednesday but is there a way to bleed it or something. any other ideas?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi there!

If you want to drain you radiator, just use the drain plug located just below the radiator. But in order to do it,you must at least turn off your engine for 30 minutes so that the coolant/water of the radiator wont be too hot.

hope I helped you! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am trying to think back and to my mind it it only did it after a change of coolant so am going to throw 2 bottles of flush intoit for a day or 2 and then drain it. tip wood

·
Registered
32 Posts
just asking, did you replaced the old coolant with the same brand or other? this may cause your engine to adjust to match the running temperature and therefore, spill put some coolant if necessary.

regards! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
deffo a different brad.but its putting lots out. anyway ran 2 bottles of speedflush through it yesterday and drained and refilled. haven't gone far, but will have to see what the story is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi You may need to check your radiator hoses for swelling.
Can cause this type of fault mentioned.
Best to replace hoses if that is the case.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok. 3 bottles of speedflush at once, ran in system for 3 days and drained. refilled with water, drained. refilled with coolant. tested fine for the past week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts