Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im new at this modding thing. First i just want to make my car look cool. i dont really care about performance just yet. So a couple of questions. Anybody know some really cool looking custom paint jobs?? What exhaust would make an 06 Galant sound good?? And last what is the best brand of neon lights???

Thanx

·
Registered
13 Posts
i put a magnaflow for 100 on ebay dont sound bad on my 4 cylinder mivec sounds like a 6 and neon are out i cant think of anybody doing that mod anymore that my opinon

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well,

The main air box on any car is made for a reason but isn't always that great!
If you want to improve performance by a small amount a Pod Filter can always be a good way to start! This can improve Horse Power a little bit and also make your car sound very diffrent! Im not to sure if this is what 04galantlexani was saying? But it can really make your car sound awesome!

I bought a K&N Pod Filter for my 7G Galant and it really does sound awesome!
Very different! :laughing: If you were going to choose and exhaust try and keep it simple! Would recommend a Resignator and a Nice Chrome tip! But dont over do it! Cause your car is very new!

Personally dont bother with the paint job! Keep your current one! Its still to new to re-spray yet! haha! But I just hope this information helps?

Cheers,

Jason

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by 04galantlexani@Feb 25 2006, 01:56 PM
i also have a k&n filter and a tornado and it really does work for somereason put would rather have and intake
[snapback]46556[/snapback]​
Oh yeh! Will improve your performance very well. Pod Filter and Exhaust are the two things that will help yor performance the best out of all minor additions to your car! Intakes are all good? ahaha! :clap:

What sort of filter you got? If its a cone then you will get good air flow with that as it works like a turbine! Simular to plane! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got a K&N cone filter installed, but the car kept stalling and stuttering at idle. We found out that the A/C fan was blowing into the filter, screwing up the sensors. We had to install an aluminum plate between the fan and the filter. So I now had a place to stick my NOs sticker on! (I don't have NOs, I just bought a bottle of octane booster)

·
Registered
3 Posts
how do u install the pod filter on a 9g cause i look at the intake tube and the air box is molded in with the maf and the adapter i see online i cant figure out how it works in the pictures

·
Registered
22 Posts
You have to cut the MAF sensor assembly out... Use a tube after the sensor, and the filter in front of it. I should take pics... My Mits dealership did it for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts