Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I'm new...I own a 06 ralliart, but I have a question that I was wondering if anyone could help me with. I live in northern Ontario and a couple of days ago I washed my car as usual. When I got back in to drive away, I noticed a crack in the windshield going from the bottom of each A pillar right across the windshield about 1/4 - 1/3 of the way up. Until this happened my glass was perfect. No chips or blemishes anywhere. It seems to me that this could be a bad thing and definetely not normal. do you think that this would be a warranty item?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'm going to say that the warranty most likely won't cover it. The warranty only covers defects, and I'm not sure that this could be a defect.

You could just go ask the dealer, that would be the best idea to know for sure if it would be covered by the warranty.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ah! I've done that before!
Was it cold outside and you washed your car with warm water?
The blast of warm/hot water on a cold windshield will cause the glass to rapidly expand or contract causing a fracture... then a crack just turns into a giant rupture.

I'd say windshields aren't a warranty item as they are so prone to crack (at least here).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts