Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my second Endeavor. I purchased this 2005 just couple months ago. LOVE it.
I have read most of this forum, especially on custom radio and dvd installs and did not get much help, so this is my story:

I wanted to install a Double Din DVD player and not the Flip out screen player (Getto, in my opinion). I finally picked
Pioneer - Satellite Radio/Apple® iPod®-Ready In-Dash Deck with 6.1" Touch Screen, Model: AVH-P4000DVD

This unit is newly released as of 5/23/2008 Double Din DVD player at an affordable price (relatively speaking). It is a Bad **** unit. It plays MP3 DVD songs, DVD's, USB and I-pod. It has a pretty strong build-in amplifier, which sounds amazing even with the factory speakers. I Bought mine at Best Buy at $449, its also available at Crutchfield.com at $499. After several weeks of research, it's worth purchasing this unit or higher if you have the budget. (does not come with Ipod cable, Blue tooth receiver, Digital radio receiver, or TV tuner.) Don't purchse the TV tuner yet, since they are currently analog and will not work next year when the broadcasts go digital.
Also, it's possible to bypass the moving guard on this unit. You can drive and watch the DVD's at the same time. On some units you can't do that, it has to be in-park to watch the DVD. You also don't need a button switch, it can be bypassed automatically with certain module.

Installation:
At first, I was going to do it myself, but I soon changed my mind, since my F-ups probably would cost me more to repair. So, I went to BestBuy and Circuit City. Morons at both places told me that it's IMPOSSIBLE and that the dash is one unit.
So I went to a local custom shop. (I live in Georgia, North Metro Atlanta)
Place called
Xtreme Sounds, Highway 92, Woodstock, GA 30189
Phone: (678) 445-2999

I got the best service. I highly recommend them if you live locally.

They did an amazing job with the dash for $320, which believe me, is much cheaper than many other quotes i got for the quality, that's why I am promoting them. Check out the pics yourself.
It took them all day to install.
The Endeavor Dash is NOT one unit. Dash has a plastic cover in-front, and everything is separate behind it. It is possible to have an after market radio and still have the Factory display on, it has separate hook-ups.

Next step is to update the speakers, probably from Crutchfield.com and install the subwoofer in the back. If you are not looking for crazy bass, I was told by the shop that an 8inch Shallow Subwooder would fit in the rear panel, so you don't have a box in the SUV.
Here is what I spent or plan to on a very nice System:

DVD player - $449
Separate Ipod Cable - $30
In-dash install - $380 (I had 3 RSA's pre-wired for ams for $20/each)
1CH Bass Amplifier with an installation - $330
4 nice Speakers (front and rear) 45-55amp with installation - $350
Total - $1,580 - Very Nice System

You can cut out a lot of costs if you install speakers and amps yourself. Good luck
ITS WORTH IT. It's probably retarded that I traded the 40 inch LCD HD TV for 7in car TV, but for some reason, i like it better.

I look forward to your comments

[attachmentid=6567][attachmentid=6568][attachmentid=6568][attachmentid=6569][attachmentid=6570]

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like it, that pioneer is a pretty sweet meat unit. I don't know if you were saying that you got the bluetooth for it of you are thinking about it but the Pioneer Bluetooth module is pretty sweet.

As far as Best Buy installers go, not all are morons. I have been installing for Best Buy for 3 1/2 years and MECP Master Certified. I admit there is a fair share of novice and poor installers out there in any shop. I've fixed plenty of installs from other best buys, circut cities, do it yourselfers and yet most come from custom shops. Looks like your shop did a nice job though. I like it.

I have an 04 endeavor and I'm planning on putting an Alpine IVA-W505 once they are shipping in the factory spot like yours but I want to glass the dash so I don't have a black trim piece around it. I also wanna get the nav and put a separate screen in the place of the factory screen which will run as a dedicated nav screen. The two will be linked together so I can play DVDs off both but most times the 505 will control audio and dvd function while the top is nav and back up camera. Its gonna be months of weekend work I'm sure. Just waiting for that 505 :p I know some places can get them now but for like 3gs. Thanks but no thanks.

Anyways, diggin the pioneer. Once I get my install going I'm gonna figure out how the data connect between the factory screen and factory radio works to see if I can't eliminate the audio error code too. I know everyone has that problem. If I figure it out I'll let ya know.

Peace

P.S. - I don't know if the sub enclosures are different for different years but you will need to mod the enclosure just a little bit for an aftermarket sub. The factory had a square hole with a square bracket. JL and Pioneer Premier make decent 8" shallows. If you are willing to spend a little more modding the enclosure you might be able to fit an Alpine type S. Thats what I plan to do. Those sound awesome.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow, nice. I'm gonna have to do that someday when I have the fundings for it but gotta find a shop that's willing to cut into my dash.

If the shop cut into your dash, did the SRS light come on or did they pop those buttons w/o unplugging it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do you mean by "glassing the dash"? I want to do the same kind of upgrade to mine but I don't want the trim around it either. The setup looks bad **** but could do without the big piece of trim.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by onikage1@May 29 2008, 03:39 PM
What do you mean by "glassing the dash"? I want to do the same kind of upgrade to mine but I don't want the trim around it either. The setup looks bad **** but could do without the big piece of trim.
[snapback]168934[/snapback]​
I'm assuming he meant using fiberglass so he can finish it to match.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Trim on the dash was the best (cheapest) option for me. You can fiberglass the the edges, but it was very time consuming and the Painting of the entire peace was very expensive. They quoted me $400 just to paint the entire dash, which included sanding, adhesive, 2-3 coats of paint and the clear coat.

Any suggestions on the Bass in the cargo area? What's the best way to fit a speaker in the factory cut-out in the back?
Does anyone know how the Infinity System was done in the XLS models?
What size speaker best fits in the hole?
What do you mean by "modding" the enclosure (please post pics)

Please provide any details on the installation and the best way to a box in that hole.

Please post some pics when you get the Alpine IVA-W505 installed. It will be sweet. No offense on the "moron" comment on the BestBuy installers, I am sure some on the guys are really good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah by glassing I meant fiberglass to fill the gaps on the sides and top/bottom. It is prob the most time consuming and so if your paying a shop to do it, the most expensive. I think it will give the cleanest most custom look. Even if you are planning to do the install yourself it is still a pretty expensive project. I can't wait to get started but I'm waiting on the 505 and actually waiting on the ok from the wife :p Right now I am mostly riding my motorcycle and she is driving the Endo. I think I might actually start with the top screen and nav system and then later go with the 505 down lower and put headrest and visor monitors.

I wanna take an alpine stand alone monitor, the TME-M740BT and mount it up where the factory display screen it (I don't care so much about the compass, I never use the screen to check a/c, I just look at the knobs and if I'm gonna swap the deck I won't see audio controls anyways.) I'll use that monitor to see/control an Alpine NVE-N872A nav, or if I do the 505 at the same time I might just go with the blackbird and set the top screen and a dedicated map display. (If you haven't guessed it I'm a huge alpine fan :p ). Then when my little girl gets a little older and faces forward in the car seat I'll throw in some headrest monitors, the PKG-M780.

That's the plan. I'm hoping to get started on the project this summer once I'm done with this semester of school and have some more free time. Once I get going I will definately post some pictures.

As far as audio goes I want to try and fit an Alpine type S 10" sub. I already have an MRP-M450 amp to push it and an MRP-F450 amp for the speakers. I'm thinking Alpine type R Components up front and back. I would do bigger subs in back but this is my wife's daily driver and she doesn't care too much about sound, she's usually listening to baby einstein anyways. And I gotta keep the back open for strollers and such :p

I haven't disassembled my back panels in a while but I remembered looking at it before when we first got the vehicle. It looked like the cut out for the factory sub was a square opening with square mounting holes. You might have to widen and round the hole for a 10" sub or glass or use a wood panel and sylacone sealer to fill the gaps and put in an 8" sub. Anything you go with will prob have to be a shallow sub to fit inside to factory enclosure.

I'll post pics of that too once I get that project going too. :p Too many projects, not enough time or money. That's the fun about modding your ride, you are never 'done' there is always more fun stuff to do. Once you get bored of one ride you find a new project.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I'm not a photoshop pro by any means but this is what I am thinking for my endo. I'm also thinking about trying to order the center dash and shroud from an 08 and modding that because I like the piano black finish better. What do you think?

[attachmentid=6640]
[attachmentid=6639]

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Nice but I want to know where you got the Ipod cable for $30 I cant believe Mitubishi didn't put and aux input in there. Get with the times.....Jes! :gunsmilie:

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's awesome you got that dash install for $400. I have trying to find a shop around me to do this job. I have only found one place that said they would do it, and they want to charge me like $1200 in labor!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeverall @ Jan 24 2012, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That's awesome you got that dash install for $400. I have trying to find a shop around me to do this job. I have only found one place that said they would do it, and they want to charge me like $1200 in labor!![/b]
So I was looking on Google for someone that did custom dash for my 2011 Endeavor, since I wanted to install a double din stereo. Well I stumbled upon Joe (joescarstereo.com). Given, I live in Texas, and he's in Delaware, but I was out of options and I didn't want to risk someone that never had worked on my vehicle before, so I gave him a call. All I can say is WOW! This guy is super professional, friendly and quick. He did a fantastic job on my dash. sent it back, with tons of bubble wrap to avoid damage, and I am extremely happy with the end result.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my second Endeavor. I purchased this 2005 just couple months ago. LOVE it.
I have read most of this forum, especially on custom radio and dvd installs and did not get much help, so this is my story:

I wanted to install a Double Din DVD player and not the Flip out screen player (Getto, in my opinion). I finally picked
Pioneer - Satellite Radio/Apple® iPod®-Ready In-Dash Deck with 6.1" Touch Screen, Model: AVH-P4000DVD

This unit is newly released as of 5/23/2008 Double Din DVD player at an affordable price (relatively speaking). It is a Bad **** unit. It plays MP3 DVD songs, DVD's, USB and I-pod. It has a pretty strong build-in amplifier, which sounds amazing even with the factory speakers. I Bought mine at Best Buy at $449, its also available at Crutchfield.com at $499. After several weeks of research, it's worth purchasing this unit or higher if you have the budget. (does not come with Ipod cable, Blue tooth receiver, Digital radio receiver, or TV tuner.) Don't purchse the TV tuner yet, since they are currently analog and will not work next year when the broadcasts go digital.
Also, it's possible to bypass the moving guard on this unit. You can drive and watch the DVD's at the same time. On some units you can't do that, it has to be in-park to watch the DVD. You also don't need a button switch, it can be bypassed automatically with certain module.

Installation:
At first, I was going to do it myself, but I soon changed my mind, since my F-ups probably would cost me more to repair. So, I went to BestBuy and Circuit City. Morons at both places told me that it's IMPOSSIBLE and that the dash is one unit.
So I went to a local custom shop. (I live in Georgia, North Metro Atlanta)
Place called
Xtreme Sounds, Highway 92, Woodstock, GA 30189
Phone: (678) 445-2999

I got the best service. I highly recommend them if you live locally.

They did an amazing job with the dash for $320, which believe me, is much cheaper than many other quotes i got for the quality, that's why I am promoting them. Check out the pics yourself.
It took them all day to install.
The Endeavor Dash is NOT one unit. Dash has a plastic cover in-front, and everything is separate behind it. It is possible to have an after market radio and still have the Factory display on, it has separate hook-ups.

Next step is to update the speakers, probably from Crutchfield.com and install the subwoofer in the back. If you are not looking for crazy bass, I was told by the shop that an 8inch Shallow Subwooder would fit in the rear panel, so you don't have a box in the SUV.
Here is what I spent or plan to on a very nice System:

DVD player - $449
Separate Ipod Cable - $30
In-dash install - $380 (I had 3 RSA's pre-wired for ams for $20/each)
1CH Bass Amplifier with an installation - $330
4 nice Speakers (front and rear) 45-55amp with installation - $350
Total - $1,580 - Very Nice System

You can cut out a lot of costs if you install speakers and amps yourself. Good luck
ITS WORTH IT. It's probably retarded that I traded the 40 inch LCD HD TV for 7in car TV, but for some reason, i like it better.

I look forward to your comments

[attachmentid=6567][attachmentid=6568][attachmentid=6568][attachmentid=6569][attachmentid=6570]
Hey everyone,
I was inspired by this thread. I did some research on how to get a double din into the Endeavor. I don’t like how Mitsubishi didn't make the Endeavor a very customizable vehicle, but in the end I was able to make it work. I installed a Pioneer AVH-2550NEX bought the wiring harness at Walmart. Relatively easy install aside the center bezel. I looked up YouTube videos to attempt to do it myself but found I didn’t have the patience or materials to do it right the first time. I sent it to Custom radio in Buffalo, NY. You send your own center bezel with a return label and they’ll send it back within a few days. I was very satisfied with the job they did. Below I’ll list the prices and link to the customization shop.

Harness ~ $20
Pioneer AVH-2550NEX(Android auto/CarPlay) ~$450
Custom bezel = $150
Shipping ~$50
Install = $0 (Did it myself)

Custom shop:https: //www.customradiobuffalo.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts