Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, i am new here so first hi!

i was driving in a unlevel parking lot, which was not tarmaced, totaly rocks and large holes. now i did not see the ditch, and went over the ditch at low speeds, max 10 mph.

well i went over it and hit the front lower grill that protect the lower under carriage, but also when going over the ditch i heard a large bang and i think it hit underneath of the car in the middle.

the damage was that there was water leaking, at first there was a lot, not like "gushing" but continueous drops.

i posted pic with arrows pointing where the water was coming out.

please can anyone help, the liquid was water it was odderless and colourless.
please can anyone tell me what the water is, where it is coming from and the damage done? as driving back i did not see or feel any effects on the car.

Niko

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
This maybe your first reply because it don't sound right. Are you run some type of coolant in your cooling system (color)? If you are you should have seen some color of coolant.

If your coolant level is okay & you are not running hot I think you are okay.

During the incident was water on the ground? Were the water hot when it was leaking.

Could have been the water from the A/C drain tube misrouted after the impact. You should be using some type of colorful coolant.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Po-Bobautotech@Aug 25 2005, 05:30 PM
This maybe your first reply because it don't sound right. Are you run some type of coolant in your cooling system (color)? If you are you should have seen some color of coolant.

If your coolant level is okay & you are not running hot I think you are okay.

During the incident was water on the ground? Were the water hot when it was leaking.

Could have been the water from the A/C drain tube misrouted after the impact. You should be using some type of colorful coolant.
[snapback]27516[/snapback]​
thanks for your reply.

well the liquid was colourless, it was oderless. and it tasted of water. on driving back home, the temp was fine, the steering was ok everything was normal. but the water was leaking fast. i did not use the a/c on the way back.
the water only came after the accident. it was not hot, it was just luke warm, being in a medditerean country its was normal temp, as car was out in the heat for 5 hours. i checked the radiator, the anti freeze was ok, the level was high and uneffected.

what could be that water? where could it be from? and what could i have damaged?

Thanks so much!!!
Nick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds to me that the impact you had was a heavy one. So I would advise to check all water connections, pipes, water pump. washer bowl pipes, etc, which could have moved or disconnect on impact.

Good luck to you!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks,

does anyone have any idea to what pipes could be under the car that have water in? is it soely the A/C?

nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good news (for you) the water you saw driping from underneath your car is simply condensation from the A/C unit. I had the same problem (so to say) a few months back when i drove on an old dirt path to test out my car, i hit a ditch (didn't see it because of some tall grass) at about 20 mph. After the place cleared a bit i checked to see if i damaged my car and saw water driping underneath it. Went to my local dealer to check for damage and see where the water was coming and he told me that if it is hot and i run the A/C about half a gallon of water is normal condensation water that drips underneath the car. In my case the undercarrige shielding took the brunt of the impact and no real damage occured.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts