Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I am again with another question on my 91 Galant. The exhaust is leaking at the flex pipe under the engine and I am wondering is there a better/cheaper way to fix this than buying the replacement pipe? I know when I had my 86 Toyota Camry I had to replace the same flex pipe just about every time I had the timing belt changed and I did that 4 times which got to be monotonous.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Originally posted by groceryjunkie@Jan 12 2008, 02:17 AM
Here I am again with another question on my 91 Galant. The exhaust is leaking at the flex pipe under the engine and I am wondering is there a better/cheaper way to fix this than buying the replacement pipe? I know when I had my 86 Toyota Camry I had to replace the same flex pipe just about every time I had the timing belt changed and I did that 4 times which got to be monotonous.
[snapback]133916[/snapback]​
How big is the hole?

JB Weld if it's small.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know how big it is because its inside that wire/flexible/braided joint of the exhaust you know the part that always goes bad first. :amen:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know flex sections are available by themselves which could be another option.

The flex section typically costs under $60 versus the whole pipe which can cost $200 or more.

-Shawn

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Originally posted by groceryjunkie@Jan 12 2008, 11:19 PM
I dont know how big it is because its inside that wire/flexible/braided joint of the exhaust you know the part that always goes bad first. :amen:
[snapback]134050[/snapback]​
I follow. I suppose a really cheap fix sould be to wrap it with exhaust heat wrap or header wrap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts