Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
heh, I would rather like to know how to enable DRL on my 2004 Endeavor. My wife keeps forgetting to turn the lights on at night

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
disabling DRLs is silly. The arguements against them are similar to the arguements against seatbelts.... generally nonsense.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My reason for wanting to disable them is purely due to the fact that I'm getting a bit tired of replacing bulbs as often as I do. However I do see your point.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Now that's intresting, here in Canada it's law to have DRL's and in the two years that I have owned mine I have never had to replace any bulb!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by shanghaistein@Jan 5 2007, 06:03 PM
My reason for wanting to disable them is purely due to the fact that I'm getting a bit tired of replacing bulbs as often as I do.  However I do see your point.
[snapback]81321[/snapback]​
If you are replacing bulbs quite often, you might want to check your charging system. If it is overcharging it will burn out the bulbs.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by shanghaistein@Jan 5 2007, 06:03 PM
My reason for wanting to disable them is purely due to the fact that I'm getting a bit tired of replacing bulbs as often as I do.  However I do see your point.
[snapback]81321[/snapback]​
if you cant handle the 12 bucks and 30 seconds of hassle once every 2-3 years, Id suggest walking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It wouldn't be bad if they went OFF when the vehicle was placed in park...Nothing like sitting outside anywhere with the lights on for no reason if you're waiting on someone.

DRL's are a great thing when it comes to safety on the road...but are simply not needed if you are parked.

WD

·
Registered
2 Posts
disabling DRLs is silly

No it's not.

I like to go out with the local astronomy club. It SUCKS big time every time I'm getting ready to leave and my freeking Endeavor blasts everyone's dark adapted eyes out because Mitsubishi's engineers are too short-sighted to realize that, despite popular opinion, there ARE times when it makes sense to temporarily disable DLR.

This goes double for camping, drive in movies, parking someplace to make out, starting the car at 3am when it happens to be pointing at the neighbor's bedroom window, and the list goes on.

I'm at my wit's end with this DLR problem and if I can't find a workable solution soon, I'm just going to cut the wires to the headlights, splice in a toggle switch, and deal with the inevitable warranty headaches.

WAKE UP Mitsubishi! We're all grown-ups and don't need a nanny protecting us from ourselves! Let us temporarily disable DLR on those occasions when it makes sense.

BTW, if enough of us ask, Mitsubishi may eventually listen. Call and demand a DLR switch: 888-648-7820.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts