Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anybody knows how to disable the daytime running lights on a 2005 mitsubishi galant???

thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok. Here's a pic of the pin you need to bend (or remove) to disable Daytime Running Lights on Galants (and Eclipses). This module (known as the Front ECU Module) is under the hood, inside the fuse box, on the driver side. If you're not sure, look in the manual. Remove the Front ECU, and open it carefully using a flat screwdriver. You can "pop" the white snaps on the black metal part (it's a chip cooler) to completely access the pins, and remove the bottom cover (black plastic). Bend the second last (or 1st) of the SMALL pin connector. Re-assemble, and voila!

P.S. Please be careful. And do not sue me if something happens. You're a grown up, assume the consequences. :p

Click Here to view the modified ECU

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my 2008 Lancer GTS and I want to disable my Daytime Running Lights too. Any one have any Idear on how to do it on this car. Thanks All

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok I read the post that it works and on my service manual it says that pin is number 22 which is SWS communication line with a value of 0-12 V (pulse signal). Any idea what SWS comminication line is?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok I read the post that it works and on my service manual it says that pin is number 22 which is SWS communication line with a value of 0-12 V (pulse signal). Any idea what SWS comminication line is?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts