Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Power steering fluid in my 2000 Space wagon looks a bit dark now and I plan to change it soon.
The manual I have says I should use Dexron/ DexronII power steering fluid but I cannot find this fluid here.
What alternatives do I have?
How much fluid do I need for 1 flush and 1 fill up?

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
From quick reading of that question on other forums it suggests Dexron III is just a newer revision. It might even say on the back of a Dexron III bottle that it is compatible with II.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Motorists can quite easily determine which fluid to pour in the GUR, as manufacturers for more convenience were introduced for the PSF simple classification by color. Depending on the pigment added to the liquid, you can buy red, yellow or green oil for the hydraulic booster.
Red and yellow ATF
Red oil colors are developed in compliance with the standards of automotive concern General Motors. They can be mineral or synthetic and are called Dextron. Today, mainly Dexron III and Dexron IV are used. By the way, more often than in GUR these liquids are used in automatic transmission, therefore in cars with a box-automatic machine one liquid is often poured into the transmission and into the tank of the hydraulic booster (usually in Korean and Japanese cars).

The main thing to remember is that Dexron on a mineral basis can not be mixed with Dextron Synthetics. The selection of the liquid must necessarily be consistent with the recommendations of the manufacturers.
Yellow liquids are produced under the license of Daimler, they can also be on a mineral and synthetic basis.
*It is important that you mix yellow liquid with red and vice versa if necessary, you can - they are fully compatible. You need to monitor only then, so that their chemical composition coincides - that is, you can not mix "synthetics" with "mineral water".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts