Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to changing battery, the keyless entry does not function anymore.
Came across a description on how to re-register the handheld unit, but it required a diagnostic unit. But what it really said..... using the diagnostic unit, pin 1 would be leaded to ground and hence the keyless ecu would go into programming mode.

Well equipped (toolbox and a cup of coffe) I opened the panel to acess the dianostic connector, and horror strucked me......

Not one connector.....but two. As some of you know they are positioned side by side.
My question is : where is the bloomin Pin 1 ? left or right connector(lefthand steering)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don´t wan´t to irritate You! We had the same problem. In Our Spacestar the diagnosis connector had nothing to do with the door lock ecu.
It handles the wireless entry by a replacement module for the door lock ecu and isn´t connected to the diagnosis connector.
I openened the module and discovered a patch point on the printed circuit board (2 facing half moons). I shortened them and pressed a button at the remote control: The key was accepted.
Spacestar: 1999

Good Luck!

Peter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi peter I have just replaced a battery and the Fob no longer works, where is ther module you refer to. My Spacestar is 2004 1.9DiD.

How did you get on la7oea??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts