Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 Galant GDI VRG which has some intermitted problems and would like to use my diagnostic tool to diagnose, but my tool says vehicle is not responding. I cannot afford to buy the proprietory tool so i use a generic tool (OTC Genisys and EZ Scan also a Software type ELM327) no one in my small island has that tool. so can anyone tell me if it is possible to read my car codes and how?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Russia!
I have some problem. I bought ELM327 bluetooth and can't connect it to my MMC Galant 1998 TDI ECU. I tried various program, varied vechicles. My software found ELM, but can't connect to ECU. It returns "Error detection OBD protocol". I bought it on Ebay, from china seller. It's Low price, attractive offer, fast shipping but it DON'T WORK!!!!!!! I have lost all hope to connect......
I have made some screen shoots. If you want I can send it for you.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OlegEA6A @ May 11 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hello from Russia!
I have some problem. I bought ELM327 bluetooth and can't connect it to my MMC Galant 1998 TDI ECU. I tried various program, varied vechicles. My software found ELM, but can't connect to ECU. It returns "Error detection OBD protocol". I bought it on Ebay, from china seller. It's Low price, attractive offer, fast shipping but it DON'T WORK!!!!!!! I have lost all hope to connect......
I have made some screen shoots. If you want I can send it for you.....[/b]

There are many elm327 products on the after market, some are designed to work on CAN bus protocol vehicles, some support K-Line protocol, some of them support all OBD2 vehicles. If you get a K-line elm327, it can not communicate with CAN BUS vehicles. We had better identify our vehicle protocol, and than to get a correct elm327 adapter even though it is cheap. Dealer should hightlight their elm327 features, protocol, working system, communication mode(WIFI/Bluetooth) etc. This supplier done a good job

Different elm327 products

1 - 3 of 3 Posts