Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a 2006 lancer es. I have been told that they have a 2.0L engine. Now with a 2006 Ralliart, what’s the difference? I understand they have a 2.4L engine. The lancer that I bought has a 2.4L engine as well and i am puzzled as I’ve been told that the Ralliart has that engine but my ES alsohas a 2.4L. So I’m trying to understand what the differences are between these cars and my version because I have been told by a few people that my car may actually be a Ralliart. I still think it’s a ES but when I go to buy parts a lot of the time it only gives me options for a 2L ES. Rather than a 2.4L If anyone could help me that would be great!

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
ES/SE/OZ are all identical with 2.0l engines, and the OZ package while visually similar to an RA (atleast compared to ES/SE) is actually only a cosmetic package.

RA is the only lancer of that generation in North America with the 2.4L 4G69 engine. Another real big giveaway atleast for North American models is all of the RA's are 5 bolt hubs and the others are all 4 bolt hubs.

I know the engine options vary a bit more outside of NA which is why I specified that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts